Starting postulancy with the Franciscans of the Immaculate

Ave maria!

Am entrying the franciscans of the Immaculate's postulancy(aspirancy) next week and i want to know everyones' idea about them;anything about them anything at all especially those worth knowing , i will appreciate every post.

Ave maria!

[quote="chryso, post:1, topic:334670"]
Ave maria!

Am entrying the franciscans of the Immaculate's postulancy(aspirancy) next week and i want to know everyones' idea about them;anything about them anything at all especially those worth knowing , i will appreciate every post.

Ave maria!

[/quote]

May God bless you! I live the Franciscans of the Immaculate for they are very holy men (and woman)! I know a few friars down in Bloomington, Indiana and lived with them for a short time and they are joy filled men! They wake up at 4:30am and usually retire around 10:00pm. They love the sacred liturgy both OF and EF (I am not going to start the discussion on the new document) and celebrate both reverently. I know quite some about them as I lived with them but, I don't know what to say in a short paragraph! If you have any questions, ask and I'll answer. God bless and I will pray for you!

[quote="holyfamily1, post:2, topic:334670"]
May God bless you! I live the Franciscans of the Immaculate for they are very holy men (and woman)! I know a few friars down in Bloomington, Indiana and lived with them for a short time and they are joy filled men! They wake up at 4:30am and usually retire around 10:00pm. They love the sacred liturgy both OF and EF (I am not going to start the discussion on the new document) and celebrate both reverently. I know quite some about them as I lived with them but, I don't know what to say in a short paragraph! If you have any questions, ask and I'll answer. God bless and I will pray for you!

[/quote]

Thank u very much,am very grateful.
I ve lot of questions and i will start with "the use of the discipline" I dont understand what it means.

[quote="chryso, post:3, topic:334670"]
Thank u very much,am very grateful.
I ve lot of questions and i will start with "the use of the discipline" I dont understand what it means.

[/quote]

It can me self flagellation (whipping oneself).

I have offered a prayer for your discernment. :)

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:4, topic:334670"]

[/quote]

Thanks very much!
So do they make solemn vows and watz Traccia Mariana? Is it their constitution?

[quote="chryso, post:5, topic:334670"]
Thanks very much!
So do they make solemn vows and watz Traccia Mariana? Is it their constitution?

[/quote]

From Wikipedia (I had never hear of it):

The Traccia Mariana is the way of life that the F.F.I. lives, a Marian plan for Franciscan life. The Traccia Mariana was submitted by Fr. Manelli and approved by the Minister General of the Franciscan Conventuals in the summer of 1970. It was first lived in the Casa Mariana in Frigento, Avellino, Italy.[3]

The entire Traccia Mariana formation program has been established in the Franciscan Conventual Province of Naples and the mission in the Philippines, which was then under the custody of the Province of Naples.[4]

Ave maria!

Ave maria!

[/quote]

If you are entering postulancy next week your questions will be answered soon enough. Spend your time this week finishing up any secular business you don't want left for someone else that must be finished before your absence and go with a light heart.

God bless you.

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:4, topic:334670"]

[/quote]

Discipline could also mean times and areas of silence, observing the Liturgy of the Hours, etc. There will also be instructions on community history, religious life, teachings of the Church. Then there will be the daily chores you will be assigned to in community: sweeping, mopping, toilets, kitchen duty, etc.

Ave maria!

Ave maria!

[/quote]

Congratulations on your entrance to the FFI, you must be so excited! :) I am not sure how long is the formation period for the friars but I think it has shorter formation compared with FSI. The sisters have 1 year aspirancy and 1 to 2yrs postulancy, though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.