"Startled" -- Again!

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What an inexhaustible source of Truth we have in God’s Word!

Yesterday in reading the Gospel, I was “startled” again, this time by these words of Jesus:

…Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me. I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them."

I underlined the specific phrase which startled me. I’ve heard this Gospel many, many times, yet I was startled in realizing that the Love of the Father and the Son IS the Holy Spirit and when Jesus sent the Holy Spirit at Pentecost upon Mary and the disciples He was empowering them as Church to go forth in the power of the Holy Spirit, Who is and gives the great power of Love. The commentary by St. Therese is worth pondering. See HERE

This morning’s Gospel continues to speak of love, as Jesus asks Peter: “Do you love me?” and ends with “Follow Me”. Today’s commentary from St Augustine on the significance of Love in the Heart of the One Shepherd and how Love unifies us is worth pondering. See HERE

Mother of the Church intercede for all your children, given to you by Jesus from His Cross.
Mother, you were overshadowed by the Holy Spirit and held Love incarnate in your womb and in your arms, Pray for us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.