State of Grace vs. non-Christian

I have a question about being in a state of grace. What effect does it have on the person to be in a state of grace. And, if we are born with original sin, and our baptism makes us new creatures in Christ, what about non-Christians, what does it say about them? Does that mean they are not new creatures, and if so, what effect does that have on a practical level? Thanks.

It means one’s sins are forgiven. The “effect” is the knowledge of that fact, however that affects the person. What affect are you THINKING applies to one in a state of grace?

(( I may be wrong about this, as the “effect” of being in a state of grace is of no interest to me other than the fact that one IS in that state. ))

(( I’m sure someone will give the “big-detailed” explanation of your question! :slight_smile: ))

And, if we are born with original sin, and our baptism makes us new creatures in Christ, what about non-Christians, what does it say about them?

They are not “new creatures” in Christ. Their original sin is in full force.

Does that mean they are not new creatures, and if so, what effect does that have on a practical level? Thanks.

“Practical level”…?

You might want to define that phrase a bit tighter. :slight_smile:

Since they don’t know the fact that their sins have been forgiven, they feel “bad”, on one level or another, for those sins.

They can’t “just let them go”, give them to Christ. Their sins “weigh on them”, and drag them down, mentally and emotionally.

They can’t “get over themselves”, because they consider themselves what they “drag around”, as opposed to the Christian, who knows he’s loved and forgiven (after due faith and work) and is a “new creature” every time he allows himself to be put in a state of grace.

Mahalo ke Akua…!
E pili mau na pomaikai iaoe. Aloha nui.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.