Statistics, Gallup Polls

I don’t know if this has been posted already, but just wanted to share it. It is very interesting :slight_smile:

Worldwide, Highly Religious More Likely to Help Others

gallup.com/poll/111013/Worldwide-Highly-Religious-More-Likely-Help-Others.aspx

In More Religious Countries, Lower Suicide Rates

gallup.com/poll/108625/More-Religious-Countries-Lower-Suicide-Rates.aspx

Charitable Giving Differs in Canada, U.K., and U.S.

gallup.com/poll/102961/Charitable-Giving-Differs-Canada-UK-US.aspx

Americans Have Net-Positive View of U.S. Catholics

gallup.com/poll/106516/Americans-NetPositive-View-US-Catholics.aspx

Doesn’t really surprise me at all. I have seen this over the many years I have been an active Catholic.Maybe you should consider putting these articles on an atheist website, so they can become educated on the relationship of faith to life.

Worldwide, Highly Religious More Likely to Help Others
gallup.com/poll/111013/Wo…lp-Others.aspx
I hate to throw cold water on this, but it really doesn’t mean much since “helping behaviors” could include donating money and time to their church.

Bohoo, you beat me to it.

Americans Have Net-Positive View of U.S. Catholics

gallup.com/poll/106516/Am…Catholics.aspx

Hm 45% views positive… I guess the other 55% that don’t care or are negative doesn’t matter + I’m curious as to how many out of those questioned for the polls are of the Catholic denomination themselves since it was a representative sample of the US population.

Furthemore, Jews got a higher net-positive score :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.