Staying at friarys for couple days

At a Fransiscan Capuchin friary in my town they don't allow for visitors to sleep a few nights with them at their place,i don't know about other friaries around,but does anyone know if where you guys live if there are friaries which allow visitors to stay a few days with them?

Im just asking to see if there are in fact places around the world which do let visitors to sleep a couple days ..

I should ask around though,there are plenty in my country..

i could be wrong but the nun who owns EWTN had her mother stay with her when she got old before her death but i'm not 100% sure.

[quote="Paul_theApostle, post:1, topic:335522"]
At a Fransiscan Capuchin friary in my town they don't allow for visitors to sleep a few nights with them at their place,i don't know about other friaries around,but does anyone know if where you guys live if there are friaries which allow visitors to stay a few days with them?

Im just asking to see if there are in fact places around the world which do let visitors to sleep a couple days ..

[/quote]

There is a Benedictine monastery in downtown Chicago that has visitor accommodations. You need a reservation and they are booked months in advance.

[quote="Paul_theApostle, post:1, topic:335522"]

[/quote]

The FFIs in Bloomington, IN allow visitors to stay.

The Franciscan "Monastery" in DC recently built a hermitage in the garden. It only holds one person and you can reserve it for a short amount of time.

Here are couple of details from their web page.

Accommodations

Private building for one person
Sleep area, kitchenette for preparing your own meals, washer/dryer, bathroom and private outdoor deck
Wheelchair accessible
Spiritual opportunities
Personal retreats, typically 1-7 nights
Daily Mass and confessions available
Access to the Alverna Chapel
Historic Monastery church, beautiful gardens and shrines on 42 acres

Cost for a retreat

The Hermitage has a suggested offering of $70/night to defray costs , with a reduced rate for men and women religious.

Link

In my country we have some Franciscan friars in Jonsered outside of Gothenburg that allows visitors. There is also a Benedictine monastery in Scania who usually accept pilgrims. I also know of many other places, I think the charism of hospitality is quite common...

Is there any particular place or charism that you are interested in?

[quote="Nils, post:6, topic:335522"]
In my country we have some Franciscan friars in Jonsered outside of Gothenburg that allows visitors. There is also a Benedictine monastery in Scania who usually accept pilgrims. I also know of many other places, I think the charism of hospitality is quite common...

Is there any particular place or charism that you are interested in?

[/quote]

Mainly the Fransiscans,i called around and found that the Conventuals have rooms available..

there is a Benedictine monastery here in another state which said I could stay but they said its difficult to get to and im not much of a traveller so im not sure if il ever make the effort to get there or not

Your best bet is finding a monastery that offers guest accommodations for retreats. Remember, friaries are homes. Most friars aren't going to let random individuals stay with them unless said rando is there for a reason, such as having been invited as part of vocational discernment. If someone called you up and asked to stay in your home for a few nights, you'd probably be skeptical.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.