Sterilization when you have incurable cancer

So I have stage 4 incurable cancer. Because of my chemo, nfm is not something that would work. If I were to get pregnant it would put my life and maybe the unborn life at risk. In this situation, would sterilization be allowed?

1 Like

Oh my goodness you’re dealing with a lot! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: I would say this is a question for your pastor. I will be praying for you that God will allow you to be as healthy as can be and that you do not worry about the future because He loves you xx

@edward_george1

3 Likes

Wouldn’t the chemo reduce your fertility to the point that getting pregnant is extremely unlikely?

Janelle, I am so sorry you are dealing with such a difficult diagnosis and all that goes with it.

Direct sterilization is always wrong, intrinsically evil.

It may be better to abstain completely at this time, if NFP is not an option.

1 Like

Yes but it’s not a certainty and chemo is something that will have to be done indefinitely

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.