Steve Bannon's View of Nationalism

**“I believe we’ve come partly offtrack in the years since the fall of the Soviet Union and we’re starting now in the 21st century, which I believe, strongly, is a crisis both of our church, a crisis of our faith, a crisis of the West, a crisis of capitalism.”

“And we’re at the very beginning stages of a very brutal and bloody conflict, of which if the people in this room, the people in the church, do not bind together and really form what I feel is an aspect of the church militant, to really be able to not just stand with our beliefs, but to fight for our beliefs against this new barbarity that’s starting, that will completely eradicate everything that we’ve been bequeathed over the last 2,000, 2,500 years.”**

Want to understand one of the people with a lot of influence in the Trump administration? One of the people who wrote Trump’s Inaugural speech? One of the people who helps to crafts Trump’s executive orders?

Take 10 minutes and read this transcript of Bannon’s remarks delivered by Skype to the Vatican in 2014, as his view of nationalism was rising in Europe and here. You will hear many echoes of this speech in Trump’s words and action during his first days in office.

buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world?utm_term=.ksbYND9Da#.qvQVJ616N

hat tip

“The central thing that binds that all together is a center-right populist movement of really the middle class, the working men and women in the world who are just tired of being dictated to by what we call the party of Davos. A group of kind of — we’re not conspiracy-theory guys, but there’s certainly — and I could see this when I worked at Goldman Sachs — there are people in New York that feel closer to people in London and in Berlin than they do to people in Kansas and in Colorado, and they have more of this elite mentality that they’re going to dictate to everybody how the world’s going to be run.”

The definitive Bannon quote:
“Darkness is good,” Bannon told the publication.

He added: “Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.”

^We should all decry this white nationalist.

I will not decry Steven Bannon. :nope:

Okay? I don’t care if you want to own it.

I’m not taking ownership of anything. I am simply not going to decry Steve Bannon, nor do I think he is a white nationalist.

But I will say that as a minority, I have been treated FAR better by white nationalists than I have been by Western liberals and looking to appease Western liberals. :tiphat:

Lmaoooooo what is this

Exhibit A?

Wow.
:eek:

When I say President Trump is surrounding himself with good people, Steve Bannon is one of the first that comes to mind.

You’re not going to get a reaction out of me, just know that this speaks alot about your personal values. Bye.

The definitive Bannon quote:
“Darkness is good,” Bannon told the publication.

He added: “Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.”

So you have no problem with the above.

How many marriages does it take for a man to be “good”?
I guess that I am one old-fashioned Catholic, but I think there is a problem with men who cannot or simply do not attach enough value to sustaining their marriage.

Save your family first, then we can talk trust worthily about saving civilization.

MODERATOR REMINDER

All posts are to be charitable
No name calling

Provide links to quotes

I am more interested in the Church’s view of Nationalism than Steve Bannon’s.

Poland is comparatively nationalistic and Catholic. I wonder how it works over there.

Why do you always attack eople for their views when they aren’t the same as yours? You do that all the time, and no one does that to you.

Bannon is probably the one member of Trump’s team that I don’t particularly like at all.

You’re right, got outraged.

The only thing I can say is to do the homework so one can make up one’s own mind.

People are going to try and undermine this administration and with it the pro-life cause.

Also, both myself and several other conservative minorities (Ben Shapiro) have been called racists and white supremacists----among other things (see my CAF inbox for details :o).

According to Milo, Stormfront is boycotting Breitbart, Bannon’s former employer, because both Milo, a homosexual Trump supporter and college campus provocateur extraordinaire and Shapiro are two of its leading writers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.