still gambling..

Im still gambling,any prayers would be helpful and appreciated

Ive been seeking help and combating the issue and have cut down alot but i am still gambling and it would be good if i would lose interest and stop completely this rubbish habit

Peace

Lord Jesus Christ, You have willed that St. Dymphna should be invoked by thousands of clients as the patroness of nervous and mental disease and have brought it about that her interest in these patients should be an inspiration to and an ideal of charity throughout the world. Grant that, through the prayers of this youthful martyr of purity, those who suffer from nervous and mental illness everywhere on earth may be helped and consoled. I recommend to You in particular those for whom we now pray: those addicted to gambling

Be pleased to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna and of Your Blessed Mother. Give those whom I recommend the patience to bear with their affliction and resignation to do Your divine will. Give them the consolation they need and especially the cure they so much desire, if it be Your will. Through Christ, Our Lord.

Amen.

Father God, I pray for Paul theApostle. Please grant him the strength and the fortitude to resist the temptation to gamble. Guide, guard and protect him. May the Holy Spirit compel him to pray whenever he feels the urge to gamble. AMEN.

Praying for Paul…

**Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wiles and wickedness of the devil.
May GOD rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of GOD, cast into hell Satan and
all the evil spirits who prowl this world seeking the ruin of souls.

In Christ Jesus name we pray.

Amen
http://www.discerninghearts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/michael_archangel.gif

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

Mother Mary, I commend PaultheApostle to you. Please help him to pray ceaselessly for the help he needs. May he consecrate himself to you, if he hasn’t already, and trust in your maternal mediation. He can not help himself with this problem; he needs your powerful assistance. Please grant him the graces he needs to resist temptation and to call upon you the moment he begins to waver. Amen.

Remembering you in my daily prayers. God bless!

Lord Jesus Christ, You have willed that St. Dymphna should be invoked by thousands of clients as the patroness of nervous and mental disease and have brought it about that her interest in these patients should be an inspiration to and an ideal of charity throughout the world. Grant that, through the prayers of this youthful martyr of purity, those who suffer from nervous and mental illness everywhere on earth may be helped and consoled. I recommend to You in particular those for whom we now pray: those addicted to gambling

Be pleased to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna and of Your Blessed Mother. Give those whom I recommend the patience to bear with their affliction and resignation to do Your divine will. Give them the consolation they need and especially the cure they so much desire, if it be Your will. Through Christ, Our Lord.

Amen.

Dear Lord,

I pray to you on behalf of our fellow poster and brother “Paul.” Lord, may you remove from his heart the remaining desire to gamble. May you build up in him a resistance to this sin, and even the near occasion of this sin. May you grant him all necessary graces to live the life of virtue that you desire of him. May you move the circumstances and people in his life to provide him with more support. May you use this ongoing trial to strengthen him and draw him closer to you. May you use this trial to advance the work of your kingdom. May Paul grow to hate sin and anything else that stands as a stumbling block to his relationship with you, almighty Lord and Savior, who deserve nothing less than our best. Yet, Lord, we all fall so short of the kind of effort we ought to freely put forth. Therefore, Lord, I also ask for your mercy and forgiveness for Paul and all of us, sinners. Please grant us the grace to change and the time in which to do it.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

Lord it is so hrad to overcome addictions and we pray that You would guide our friend and grant him strength to overcome his addiction to gambling.We know addictions bring much harm and cause so much pain and so many problems.Please Lord help our friend to overcome his compulsion to gamble and be able to overcome his addiction.Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Amen.

thank you for your prayers

i still cant stop playing the slot machines,and i get the urge to play everday and im stressing my mother out,and using up more money then i should

ive spoken to counsellors but they just seem to ask questions all the time
although i havnt been face to face on a regular basis which may be helpful

i know the Catechism says gambling isnt sinful and that its ok to play within your means,and it makes me think that what im doing isnt sinful,but i seem to be using more and money to play and am losing more

Lord have mercy,

Thanks again

LOOK! Just stay away from there. Don’t go near the place. Do Not Go In The Door!

:takethat:

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

OK. You’ve done the first step by acknowledging you have a problem. Now you have to accept help for it. Do you really want to change? If you do, go to the counsellor and go on a regular basis! They’re supposed to ask questions: how else are they going to help you? Now, where in the CCC does it say that it’s OK to gamble? (I’m not denying that it’s in there, I just wanted a cite.) Obviously, you are not “gambling within your means”. I’m sure the *spirit * of the Catechism says that you must be responsible with money, that you must not place this urge before your parents, and especially not before the Lord. Maybe the gambling in and of itself is not sinful, but the stress you are causing your family might be. Please try to get help. You will be in my prayers:

Amen.

Our Father
Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
AMEN.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art though among women
And Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, JESUS
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
AMEN.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be
World without end.
AMEN.

Dear Paul theApostle, I hope that I didn’t sound too harsh with my last post. It’s just that I have addicts in my family and I hurt so much for them. I, myself, have gone through bouts of regrettable behavior spurred on by alcohol. I wish none of these things on anyone. Please accept my apology if you were offended. I did not mean it as such. I will help you as best I can for now by continuing to pray for you.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.