Still Seeking Employment, and Specific Help for Tomorrow

Over a year ago now, I was forced to resign from a job due to my being a pro-life Catholic. I posted a couple of prayer threads here and have not posted updates because life seems to have become an ongoing walk across a tightrope carrying a candle against a breeze, and there seems to be no end in sight.

I’ve managed to pick up several temporary contract positions within the last year. At this point I’m in between positions and looking for a job, hopefully with more stability. It seems like an ongoing spiritual battle.

I’ve had eye problems, and thanks to a couple of good friends praying behind the scenes, the Good Lord has pretty much cleared that up, even after a minor surgery I went through that was not successful.

Meanwhile, I’ve become something of an artist. I have my first street fair art festival tomorrow where they apparently require you to have a big nasty white canopy craft fair tent in order to participate. I went out and bought a tent. Since it was the floor model, it came with no instructions. I had two friends try and help me assemble it. Between the three of us, so far we’ve been unable to put the tent up. I gave them cherry strudel as a thank-you for their efforts. The tent needs to go up tomorrow! I’m planning to arrive early, make my best heroic efforts to get the tent up, pray, and hope someone at the event will be able to help a stranger like me. I have no family in Ohio, so am pretty much on my own. Hopefully I’ll be able to have a fighting chance to sell some of my photos there, since this is what I’m doing to help keep afloat while also looking for more traditional work.

I would be very grateful for any prayers.

~~ the phoenix

Lord, I pray that you send someone to help Pheonix with his tent tomorrow. The other people who put up tents at the fair will be able to help him, I pray; help them to show charity and to offer their friendly services to Pheonix. Also, may his photos be a great success and may he find many buyers. Bless Pheonix and help him with all his needs, both temporal and spiritual. Keep him strong in faith, hope, and love and never let him be separated from you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thank you for the kindness of your prayers, ready! :slight_smile:

One thing … I’m female.

You will be in my prayers also.

~~ the phoenix

Dear phoenix, I understand how desperate of a situation this is for you. Having an art show tomorrow and a big ole tent that you alone are to put up,yet 3 people weren’t able to,must be very frightening for you.

I pray that God sents you helpers to put up this tent,as from what you said you very much need this done so you can make some money to survive.

I am praying also for you to get a steady job.

May many people come on this prayer thread and offer their prayers for you in this time of great need.
Lord Jesus, please come to phoenix’s aid. you know how she needs help now.
amen

Thank you very much for the kindness of your prayers, ready and spiritualunity! :slight_smile:

One thing to keep in mind: I’m a small female. That’s why I need so much help with the tent.

Will pray for you also!

~~ the phoenix

You govern your creation, O God,
and bring it to perfection by the work of our hands.
Hear the prayers of your people who ask for work
that will enhance their human signity
and promote the upbuilding of your kingdom.
Enable them to provide for those confided to their care
either by family ties or by charity we owe to one another
for the betterment of human life.
We ask this blessing in the name of Jesus
who laboured with his own hands while he lived on earth.

Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you,
Blessed art thou amongest women and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.Amen

Dear Phoenix, God is with you. May our dear Lord bring you the people you need to help you get that tent put up for your art show. And may God bless you with good sales too.

And,Dear Jesus, you know the pain of unemployment. And you know the reason for phoenix’s unemployment is her loyality to you and your church. Have mercy on your servant and bring her the employment and sales of artwork she needs to survive.

Christ have Mercy
Jesus have Mercy
Christ have Mercy. Amen!

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with Thee. Blessed art’ thou amongst women, and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Where in Ohio, just generally?

*hi phoenix…I’m so sorry to read this tonight. Know you’re in my prayers. I think of you often, and will lift you up in my Rosary tonight. God bless you. *

I’m glad to be able to pray for you tomorrow. I’ll be working too, and I’ll commit to praying for you on my breaks. Best wishes!

praying that you’ll get a good job

I am praying hard!

Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You, We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father.
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for Phoenix. Amen

O Saint Joseph, we pray to you for those who are out of work, for those who want to earn their living or support their families.

You who are the patron of workers; grant that unemployment may vanish from our ranks; that all those who are ready to work may put their strength and abilities in serving their fellowmen and earn a just salary.

You are the patron of families; do not let those who have children to support and raise lack the necessary means. Have pity on our brothers and sisters held down in unemployment and poverty because of sickness or social disorders. Help our political leaders and captains of industry find new and just solutions. May each and every one have the joy of contributing, according to his abilities, to the common prosperity by an honorable livelihood. Grant that we may all share together in the abundant goods God has given us and that we may help underprivileged countries. Amen.

prayerbook.com/Devotions/Joseph/sjunempl.htm

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Dear phoenix, I hope the art show went well. Either way, it is still time to pray for a job for you.
PSALM 5
Prayer for Divine Help

For the leader; with wind instruments. A psalm of David.
Hear my words, O Lord;
listen to my sighing.

Hear my cry for help, my king, my God! To you I pray, O Lord;
at dawn you will hear my cry;
at dawn I will plead before you and wait.

You are not a god who delights in evil;
no wicked person finds refuge with you;
the arrogant cannot stand before you.

You hate all who do evil;
you destroy all who speak falsely.

Murderers and deceivers the Lord abhors.

But I can enter your house because of your great love. I can worship in your holy temple because of my reverence for you, Lord.

Guide me in your justice because of my foes;
make straight your way before me.

For there is no sincerity in their mouths;
their hearts are corrupt.

Their throats are open graves;
on their tongues are subtle lies.

Declare them guilty, God;
make them fall by their own devices.

Drive them out for their many sins;
they have rebelled against you.

Then all who take refuge in you will be glad and forever shout for joy. Protect them that you may be the joy of those who love your name.

For you, Lord, bless the just;
you surround them with favor like a shield.

Immense thanks to all the Prayer Warriors here for the tremendous help and kindness of your prayers and words of encouragement! Please be assured that I will also pray for you! :slight_smile:

ready, spiritualunity, Kilo1Mike21, earthdust, Jacob21, TexCatholic4JMJ, whatevergirl, marthagreys, fin, sidhe54, and St Gabriel:

It took SEVEN PEOPLE working AN ENTIRE HOUR to help set up the craft show tent! Come to find out, these Good Samaritans included at least one financial tycoon of Northeast Ohio and several high-ranking officials in the local city government! I asked the most helpful one who he was so I could thank him properly, but he preferred to remain anonymous. In fact, nobody gave me their names. Anyway, I am SO IMMENSELY GRATEFUL to everyone who helped me at the Arts Festival. Thank you! To everyone at the festival, and the wonderful Prayer Warriors here at CAF!

Since the tent is so hard to handle unless you have a whole team of people, (turns out it’s a defective tent … it also came with no instructions) … I’m planning to drop it off at the Goodwill store. The good news is, at least it served its purpose on the day I really needed it!

I made some sales and passed out some business cards. Considering this is a slow economy, I’m very grateful for the opportunity I was given while I continue to look for more steady employment.

:blessyou:

Sounds wonderful!

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Praying for you to find steady employment …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

You will get it The phoenix …

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.