"Stolen Jobs"

This goes along with the website version I found a few months back and this is NOT just high tech, or call center tech reps like I was but this is stretching to other US jobs as well. So you ask me my opinion about the auto industry, I guess unemployed workers don’t spend a lot buying cars eh? This has nothing to do with politics, this has to do with our jobs GONE

“Stolen Jobs” part 1

“Stolen Jobs” part 2
Investigative journalists at WKMG TV-Orlando exposed the how the L-1 visa was used to replace American workers with the cheap young blood of foreign labor.

Please note, this has nothing to do with politics, this has to do with why our unemployment numbers are so high.

STOP OFFSHORE OUTSOURCING, DO NOT GIVE TAX BREAKS FOR IT.

Also, do NOT blame this all on Bush. The free trade agreement was signed by President Bill Clinton, Bush had nothing to do with why so many US Workers are unemployed.

Our Kids Future heading for China/India (video on YouTube)

Again, blame CLINTON, NOT BUSH for our economy and unemployment numbers.

They’re saying what I’ve been saying!!!

I blame both of them. Sure, Clinton signed the bill as one of the last things before he left office, but Bush has had 8 years to fix things but hasn’t. Both neglected their duties.

True, my almost 10 yr job ended in 2005. There’s got to be away for ‘we the people’ to have some affect on this stupidity. Again I’m not angry at the people who live where our jobs went (or those who came here via the visas). I am furious with the companies that started this and how was this supposed to help their profits? I’m still trying to figure that out.

There’s something fishy here. If we can purchase something from abroad for less than it costs to make here, that should save us money and free up a worker to do something else. We should end up ahead, not behind.

Did you find another job?

This is one of the reasons I am a Distributist and not a Global Capitalist.

We don’t end up ahead because we aren’t adding more jobs. Certain folks wind up ahead, but there aren’t as many new jobs appearing as jobs are being outsourced.

Roza;

this has to do with why our unemployment numbers are so high.

So high? It’s 6.7% For years it has been lower. The housing market tanked, that has nothing to do with visa or overseas jobs. Additionally, the recent job losses were spread across industries, from factories to financial firms to retailers. Hardly visa or overseas jobs.

A tanked economy is the cause. And if we view jobs/job losses from a historical perspective, we must also include how many more women are now in the job markets. Considering that our population has risen, more women are employed today, and 20 million illegals, a 5.4% unemployment rate prior to this collapse is pretty darn good.

And let’s not forget that it isn’t good enough to simply have a job anymore. Our hands are out all the time asking for more and more and more. It’s hard to blame a company that puts up the guts and risk, and has to keep giving more and more of it away because we “deserve” more for being alive.

There is way more to this story than what the Liberals tell us. Speaking of which:

Sectors that showed increases in employment during November were education, health and government.

Government liabilities are now 25% of our total national economy of 14 trillion.

I was laid off twice since 2005 and have been unemployed a year now. I didn’t succeed at bill collections. That was a far cry from technical support or customer service. I keep filling applications. I have a few health issues a few friends told me to take care of now on welfare but I’d rather get back to work. I feel too much uncertainty unemployed and seems I’m contributing to the problem. I miss having more control in my life, maybe that’s not the right attitude. I don’t expect to be making what I was in 2005 but prayerfully will find something soon.

I know I’m not the only one who may have had severance pay that’s gone, an IRA that’s spent, savings gone… etc. I’m still hunting. I don’t see what our trade back was for trading our jobs away. :confused:

I just need to keep praying, keep going forward.

My prayers are with you Roza. I have also been laid off twice since 2005 and like I sense with you, no pity party for us, head up and keep shooting out resumes, but it is tough. I was out of work for 3 months each time. Hopefully I have found long term employment now. I’m in electrical engineering, non IT, I’ve used foreigners with different visas for skills I could not find easily here. Clearly isn’t right to replace Americans with same skill as visa foreigner for less pay, but for special skills there are foreigners going through technical programs in much larger numbers than Americans. Look at the electrical engineering depts at universities which tend to have more foreigners and then look at the ethnic make up of the PhD candidates which tend to be majority foreign. The trade back is getting to keep these highly educated mostly PhD graduates, the program should not allow salary to be the deciding factor.

Lou Dobbs – Hillary’s Hypocrisy: Part 1
One more on YouTube.

Yeah, I had severance for staying til the end in 2005 and on off job searching since then. My last was bill collections but I couldn’t collect enough from cancer patients. :confused: I can’t receive calls on my phone anymore, at least have my cell phone working now (pay as you go)… expect DSL gone any time, welfare/HEAP doesn’t cover phone & internet (big shock - not).

How many times I’ve redone my resume, not even sure attempting to get back to school mattered. I thought if I had a degree it would help but I think that was a foolish dream. I still want to see where our jobs are coming from Manila, India etc. Again I have nothing against the people, just the dumb system that did this. One of my old co-workers was originally from India and he was a US citizen. In fact, he even questioned (the company we worked for) why we were hiring people for more than what longer term employees were making… it was all part of the game I guess. :mad:

And one of Billary’s spiels before elections was for the US worker… supposedly. Two faced. There’s got to be something US Workers can do, enough already of these games.

Employers cut 533K jobs in Nov., most in 34 years
By JEANNINE AVERSA, AP Economics Writer Jeannine Aversa, Ap Economics Writer – Fri Dec 5, 3:22 pm ET

WASHINGTON – Skittish employers slashed 533,000 jobs in November, the most in 34 years, catapulting the unemployment rate to 6.7 percent, dramatic proof the country is careening deeper into recession.

(the rest of the article on link above)

So, bug the CEOs for bailing out the Auto Industry, I don’t want to pay taxes on it down the line. Like I said, lost all I had in savings, spent my IRA and now on welfare and STILL job hunting. I can’t handle going to bill collections again. Is that our future in the US? We can work at fast food, grocery stores and be bill collectors, medicine (I’m not cut out for that) or trash collectors? Again, I’m mad at the system that started this all. I had a co-worker, US Citizen originally from India and he lost his job too.

And the job hunt goes on…

Roza;

Remember, that stat on 34 years was the largest drop for one month, not ever.

Is that our future in the US?

Calm down. This has happened before and we have pulled out of it. And we can do it again, as long as the government steps aside.

We can work at fast food, grocery stores and be bill collectors, medicine (I’m not cut out for that) or trash collectors?

Oh, those jobs are too demeaning for you? Delivering pizzas is for kids, yet I do it with a smile on my face. I don’t know how much you need to survive, but I was netting $500.00 a week making minimum wage before.

With all respect, are you working at all now? I mean, anything? Because if not, comming from someone who has worked for 37 companies in 16 years, and have been laid off at least 100 times(i have worked on and off with some of those companies), if you take any job that comes your way, God will grant you the job that you prefer. In other words, you must make it happen. God helps those who helps themselves, and He does. I don’t know your situation, but if what I said is somewhat accurate description of you, then take my advice and I hope it helps.

Again, I’m mad at the system that started this all.

You mean the one where government forced banks to give loans to unqualified people back in the early 90’s? That one? Or how about not drilling for oil because of enviromental wackos?

I understand you are mad, so am I, but that will get you nowhere. Be a rugged American individual, and make what you want happen. Immigrants come here with nothing all the time and end up obtaining the American dream. Why? Because to them, no job is unworthy. And several demeaning jobs is a Godsend. Good luck and God Bless.

I have carpal tunnel in both wrists so being a cashier, ok, I can wear my wrist braces again and get the dumb responses from customers asking if I’m going bowling… I also haven’t seen grocery stores hiring full time anymore, all part time so they don’t give benefits. Besides, was instructed not to take anything under $9 an hour but I can get my bills paid and live on $8.50 an hour.

I don’t drive so no delivering pizzas. I have a cataract coming in my good eye and in my right eye a layer over the retina that needs to be removed (then again, why bother, I need a job). As long as I work during daylight hours so I’m not walking too much at night still needing a dark tint because halogen street lights and car lights are too bright for me. Thank God I do have two eyes to use again, just not perfectly but no, I don’t want to stay on welfare.

And FYI I’ve been submitting my resume and applying all this time.

I couldn’t see out of my right eye for about a decade, had an eye disease called uveitis and other things, had a cataract and vitrectomy done when I was 32. I’m now 41 and apparently all the uveitis is gone but I need more work. I had a lot of laser surgery to coterize the neovascularization in my right eye and it doesn’t dialate all the way since then. I have a lot of floaters in both eyes I guess but uveitis free finally. I don’t do well walking at night. I do what I can. Still need more work done supposedly but can do without it. Just do better walking to bus stops when I can see. That’s all.

Roza;4541769]

I and get the dumb responses from customers asking if I’m going bowling

LOLOL sorry. LOLOL

I don’t drive so no delivering pizzas. I have a cataract coming in my good eye and in my right eye a layer over the retina that needs to be removed (then again, why bother, I need a job). As long as I work during daylight hours so I’m not walking too much at night still needing a dark tint because halogen street lights and car lights are too bright for me.

They don’t call you…lucky, do they? Sorry, just trying to lighten things up for you.:wink:

And FYI I’ve been submitting my resume and applying all this time.

Oh, I believe it.

I know I’m blessed that I can see again with two eyes, I don’t fear going blind anymore so I’m always thankful of that. I don’t live in the fear I used to that my left eye would end up like my right had been. I need to meet more Catholics locally, I’m sure that will help. Have an ex-coworker & friend who yeah, is an ex-Catholic but she knows I’m back. Though suggests I try her church… trying too much to get used to being Catholic again. I miss misalettes because I can’t always tell what everyone else is doing. I did print out a Mass guide I found online.

Two people suggest get my medical stuff taken care of now but no, I’d rather get back to work you know? I’m going crazy so much time alone. My cats enjoy it though… we’re down to 2 instead of 3. :frowning: They’re my kids though. :slight_smile: I do know I won’t go back to bill collections. Couldn’t handle it, they fired me anyway, or let go for not meeting expectations. :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.