Stopping Masturbating

You could check out the hundreds of threads on CAF that have already tried answering that question by using the search feature actually.

3 Likes

You’re playing handball against the drapes here, Father.

3 Likes

If you don’t understand my “ways of expression,” then ask! Instead, you all jumped on my advice as being horrible. None of you took the time to try to understand what I was saying, nor did any of you accept my comments against your presumptions. A couple members who got here late understood exactly what I meant and agreed with me. For the rest of you, there was no attempt to try to understand the context of my post. You read the first sentence of my post and held me to the fire for it without any attempt to understand what I meant.

Note: My “hair buns” comment was an expression. I didn’t mean it literally. If I said, “Don’t get your panties in a bunch,” would you presume I think you all literally wear women’s undergarments? Don’t be so fragile.

2 Likes

Breaking down your problems one by one:

1. Some men do get pain like this, it can be normal. Only a doctor can tell you if it is or not.

2. Erections for no reason slow down as you get older but they don’t stop for every man. They also don’t mean anything.

3. Arousal for no reason is a different matter. Chances are there are reasons and they started earlier than you thought. When arousal happens, start thinking about the last few hours and see what led you to this point. Chances are you have some behaviors you mentally associate with masturbation.

4. Go to confession anyways. It may seem like a private issue but Christ already saw you give in. You’re not telling Him anything He doesn’t already know.

2 Likes

You seem to equate someone not accepting your opinion with not understanding your opinion. You can say an an orange is purple or blue all you like, But it doesn’t make it true.

You kept repeating your opinion and when people did not accept it because it was flawed, you kept repeating it, and adding insults to those trying to explain.

2 Likes

I think you’re just wrong, though. One mans opinion. Marriage, and with it the availability of licit sex, does not “cure” masturbation. People struggle with masturbation for a multitude of reasons. Not to mention that even within a marriage there are going to be times when your spouse is unavailable, unable or simply not in the mood. You’ll still need your ability to control yourself post marriage.

And I know this isn’t what you meant, but some people might interpret your advice to mean “rush into marriage just so you can have sex.” Even if that “cured” sexual immorality it would bring on a dozen other problems.

2 Likes

Sorry but i don’t believe it is true.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.