Story: Saint Faustina Tells What Happened When She Visited Purgatory With Her Guardian Angel

These quotes are from Saint Faustina’s diary, written in the 1930s.

The Catholic Church canonized Faustina as a saint in 2000. She was a Polish nun. She is venerated within the Church as the “Apostle of Divine Mercy”.

Throughout her life, Faustina reported having visions of Jesus and conversations with him, of which she wrote in her diary, later published as The Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul. Her Diary quoted some of these conversations with Jesus regarding the Divine Mercy devotion. Her diary, accepted by the Catholic Church, has become an international classic among Catholics.

6 Likes

I read her diary a few times a week, and I work in a program where she is patroness.

Just to say the Church “accepts” the diary as private Revelation, not for doctrinal instruction. When used properly it facilitates devotion to the Mass, and acts of corporal and spiritual Mercy. Don’t look here for details about purgatory, but for fresh enthusiasm for your actions and prayers today.

When a private Revelation had been most effective you don’t notice the private Revelation at all. You notice the fruits.

When a private Revelation is least effective you concentrate a lot on it as an end in itself.

It is indeed proper for us to pray for the suffering souls in Purgatory. May the Lord free them from their suffering by his mercy.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, mdg.

Her diary has had a profound effect on me, as I continue to read through it in bits and pieces at a time.

It is an amazing and inspirational work, as far as I’m concerned. :slightly_smiling_face:

May God bless you for finding these articles and sharing them with us here on the forum! I find them to be very thought-provoking and inspiring, even if I don’t always post about them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.