Strange movies....

Do you think watching movies where characters have physic and telepathetic powers is ok?
There is also the use of racial memory, is that real or somehow not Christian?
Thanks, Dan

Like there is a character who has foretelling dreams?

If you’re strong in the Church’s teachings, and strong in your faith, and recognize and accept the position the Church has taken on these matters, then I think it’s fine personally. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors, and his books (and subsequent movies) are full of characters like that. Similarly, I love the Poltergeist movies, which prominently feature a psychic character. So long as you remember that it’s just entertainment, and it doesn’t affect you, I’d say you’re good.

These things are definitely not Christian, but a lot of it comes down to how such matter affect you personally. If it would be bad for your personal pursuit of Christ to watch them, then don’t. If it wouldn’t be, then go ahead and enjoy a good movie ^^

I’d like to stress that this is just my personal opinion. I’m not sure what the Church says explicitly on the matter, if anything at all. I’m sure other members here will disagree with me and have very good reasons for their disagreement ^^

I don’t see a problem here as long as you don’t have some odd, hidden intention to sin.

Thanks all, my friend just invited me to see a movie and it was fine thanks!

Questions like in the OP tend to come with the idea that having psychic powers is somehow demonic. (I find it erroneous myself.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.