Strange Orthodox claims

I was speaking with an Eastern Orthodox earlier and He claimed that the Orthodox were in possesion of both the Ark of the Covenant and the Crucifix of Jesus Christ. He said they don’t speak of it because they don’t want to bring christs judgement upon their words. Is it true that they have these objects? If so when and how were they acquired?

Thanks,
Saint_George

[quote=Saint_George]I was speaking with an Eastern Orthodox earlier and He claimed that the Orthodox were in possesion of both the Ark of the Covenant and the Crucifix of Jesus Christ. He said they don’t speak of it because they don’t want to bring christs judgement upon their words. Is it true that they have these objects? If so when and how were they acquired?

Thanks,
Saint_George
[/quote]

That is a big hunk of ****. If they had the Ark of The Covenant(refering to the one in OT which held the 10Commandments), don’t you think everyone would know? If not then do you think this guy you were talkin to would have known? Either he is full of it or it is the biggest secret ever contained.

Additionally, the Roman church has been in posession of the crucifix since the time of St. Helen. It has since been shredded into a billion tiny pieces and distrubted across the world, but it has been entirely recorded and tracked.

Josh

That is exactly what I though. Here is the link to the discusion. christianforums.com/t1728459-contents-of-the-ark-before-its-disappearance.html

The last I heard, it was discovered by the Nazis and Indiana Jones in the movie, the Temple of Doom, which I thought was pretty good. I’m a big Harrison Ford fan. :slight_smile:

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.