Strength to overcome temptation

Hi everyone. I have a simple prayer request. You see, roughly a week ago the Holy Spirit was convicting to me about a very bad habit I’ve been trying to break, and which I’m sure is not uncommon…masturbation. I’m trying to finally break this habit once and for all, and if you could, I would appreciate prayers on my behalf. I’m sort of ashamed to even ask, but I hope you’ll understand and God will give me what I need. Thank you all and God bless. :slight_smile:

Praying for you. :crossrc:

Welcome to CAF. :slight_smile:

God bless you for your intention.

I ask the Holy Spirit to help you to find strategies for avoiding this…and the grace to overcome it and pray for others with the temptation. I ask Him to give you peace and freedom.

With complete faith that God hears our prayers, and those of the saints, I ask the patrons of those who are tempted sexually to pray for us!

Angela of Foligno, pray for us!
Catherine of Siena , pray for us!
Margaret of Cortona, pray for us!
Mary of Edessa, pray for us!
Mary of Egypt, pray for us!
Mary Magdalen, pray for us!
Mary Magdalen of Pazzi, pray for us!
Pelagia of Antioch, pray for us!

Prayer of Saint Catherine of Siena to the Precious Blood of Jesus:

Precious Blood,
Ocean of Divine Mercy:
Flow upon us!

Precious Blood,
Most pure Offering:
Procure us every Grace!

Precious Blood,
Hope and Refuge of sinners:
Atone for us!

Precious Blood,
Delight of holy souls:
Draw us! Amen.

Please know that there is NO shame in admitting faults! And that God values your ability to be true enough to speak of this!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

No worries. Praying for you. :slight_smile:

God bless,
Ut

P.S. Remove all the regulare sources and occasions for this sin from your life. Be it the internet, the TV, etc…

This also helped me. hypnosisdirect.com/health…0546!hypnorguk

You are in my prayers.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

***+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers for your healing.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I will remember your intention today and pray that God will help you to avoid temptation to commit this sin in the future. Please keep me in prayer, as I will be going to confession, and pray for all Christians who struggle with sexual impurity.

May our Lord, who desires purity, help you overcome this so you may be able to grow closer to Him!

Lord have mercy!
Christ have mercy!
Lord have mercy!

Prayers promised

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.