Strong Pro-Life Songs?

Hi my name is Nicole!

I was wondering if you all could give me the names or lyrics to some really good Pro-Life songs and Chastity songs.

See me and one of my best guy friends are giving a Pro-Life/Chastity talk together at one of the local retreats in my area and are required to introduce our talk with a good song!

Anything would be very helpful!!!:thumbsup:

“Killing Thousands” by Annie Herring.

I searched on Youtube and I can’t find it. I can’t even find the lyrics anywhere. You’ll have to get hold of a 2nd Chapter of Acts album to hear it. It’s haunting and convicting.

Awesome! Okay this song is certainly Pro-Life and one of my absolute favorites: We Want to See the World. It’s a dialog between an angel of God and unborn children still in their mother’s womb. Great song!

Are you only looking for Christian bands? Or would “Unborn Child” by Seals & Crofts count? It was written back in the seventies after Roe v. Wade was passed.

Oh yeah, here are the lyrics:
sealsandcrofts.com/lyricsuc.html#unbornchild

“Can I Live” by Nick Cannon
youtube.com/watch?v=efVX8L8OtQI

“Regret” by Seven Sorrows (a Catholic band): http://www.myspace.com/sevensorrows
Lyrics & background: sevensorrows.com/index2.htm

There’s a good song called ‘Brick’ by Ben Folds Five written from the point of view of a young guy whose girlfriend has an abortion. It’s sad and really speaks about their regrets and how alone they both feel.

‘She’s a brick and I’m drowning slowly…’

I really like the lyrics. They don’t hit you in the face but rather sink in slowly.

youtube.com/watch?v=axpuVLQ_m4w

‘Bodies’ by the Sex Pistols :smiley:

(I’m serious!)

Er, is this talk in a school setting? I’m not sure some of the lyrics would be suitable… :stuck_out_tongue:

‘Legal Kill’ by King’s X

try out Catholic rock band “The Thirsting”, they have a very pro-life song on their cd called “Christ have Mercy” but they don’t have it on their myspace.

check out their songs here: profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=47547153

They are rock, and very very good.

Pat Boone’s Let Me Live

Dana’s “We Are One Body” has a couple of pro-life sentences

youtube.com/watch?v=DCmLmZDpB4I****

Flatfoot 56 (Christian Punk band with a little Irish flavor)-Fight to Live

Lyrics

Song youtube.com/watch?v=F51scgs-4jw

Kenny Chesney’s “There Goes My Life” seems pro-life about a guy who thinks he’s not ready to be a dad, but changes his mind

Creed’s “Arms Wide Open” is about a man and his hopes for his unborn child

Michael Jackson’s We Are The World can be taken as pro-life

Here’s a link to the Pat Boone Let Me Live song. It’s maybe a bit “corny” compared to what you’d hear on the radio. It’s really only a sung chorus of children’s voices, with spoken word by Pat and spoken words from unborn children as they develop (up to a point).

chosenfast.com/2007/07/30/let-me-live/

Not written as a pro-life song, but I think it certainly is.

Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

Peace

Tim

Heard of the Right Brothers? therightbrothers.com/

They are good =] “I want to live” is their pro-life song

I’m not sure if this is the route you want to go, but here’s a pro-life song:

If I Were a Killer by the Galactic Cowboys

It’s heavy metal, and approaches the issue from a “colorful” vantage point, but it is strongly pro-life. Here are the lyrics:

This is just a hypothetical story
Of someone, let’s just say it’s me
I’d gain acceptance for my murderous ways
By stalking a defenseless prey

If I were a killer, I’d smile just like the boy next door
If I were a killer, I’d say I do it for the poor
If I were a killer, You’d bring me victims more and more
If I were a killer!

Supreme Court would agree to hear my case
And find me innocent of crime
Holding public rallies to incite sympathy
Creative actuality

Thanks Everyone… So far

Arms Wide Open by: Creed is the personal favorite!!!

Does anyone think that “I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLachlan is a song that touches on abortion?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.