Strong Pro-Life Songs?

Country song Don’t kill the butterfly by Bluefield

Country song Don’t kill the butterfly by Bluefield

I second this one. (I thought I was going to get to be the first person to recommend it!)

The first time I heard it on a secular station I thought I was dreaming. Then I heard it again!

Then never again. Surprise, surprise.

This is an awesome song. :thumbsup:
Here’s the music video -
youtube.com/watch?v=9MIJShOqh8Q

The best by far is Seals and Crofts…‘unborn child’ it advises the young mom to ‘go back and think it over’ and ‘dont do it,you wont regret saving my life’ a very warm song with a contempory rock harmony that the kids love to sing…I used it back in the 70s at the Catholic high school I was teaching at…and as the slides of first the child growing in the womb…then the abortion…then pictures of the child …if not aborted …growing up…taking walks with mom…sports ,birthdays etc…and with the song playing in the background …not one teen girl in any of the classes had a dry eye at the end of my presentation…its on Youtube…Seals and Crofts…unborn child…all the best…Nino

Here is a rap song that was written and sung by a post abortion father. Very sad youtube.com/watch?v=aui-dQEEkS4&feature=channel_page

It has the lyrics on the video.

This is my favorite and I don’t even like rap.

I never could see what people saw in Kenny Chesney…I can now say “I like that man.” What a beautiful video to go with that beautiful song."

Silent Scream, by Slayer

I have always liked “Unborn Heart” by Dan Hill. The lyrics can be found here:
lyrics007.com/Dan%20Hill%20Lyrics/Unborn%20Heart%20Lyrics.html

Here are 2 good songs. The first Think of Me has a wonderful story of an unborn child’s life saved because of it. Both are available for free download.

Please let me know if you use it, so I can let Ray, the musician, know. He’ll be thrilled.

changinghearts.doraymusicpromotions.com/

How about “I’ve Never Been to Me” by Charlene? It was a minor hit in the USA but went to #1 in the UK.

It is a song sung by one woman to another. The singer has lived an impressively satisfying life by worldly standards but now realizes how empty it all has been.

Some have interpreted the line “I’ve been to crying for unborn children that would have made me complete” as the singer showing regret for an abortion; others say she wanted children but never took the time.

You be the judge:
youtube.com/watch?v=r-vx4GcjASE

Please note that there is one word in the song that you may not want to explain to your kids; preview the lyrics here:
rhapsody.com/album/80s-mania–cleopatra-records/ive-never-been-to-me/lyrics.html

:thumbsup:

How was I to know? by Sal Solo.

Ex lead singer of Classix Nouveaux.

Remarkable song.

Haha, I was just about to mention that one!

Oh, forgot what I was going to say.

Brick - Ben Folds Five is about a young couple having an abortion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.