Strong religious beliefs linked to lower rates of drug abuse

Strong religious beliefs linked to lower rates of drug abuse

By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Sunday, March 27, 2016

For a religion in which wine plays such a central role, Christianity may prove surprisingly effective at curbing drug use, according to a study.

Data analyzed by DrugAbuse.com in “Drugs and Devotion: Comparing Substance Abuse by Believers and Nonbelievers” show a correlation between religious belief and a reluctance to experiment with narcotics…

What a ridiculous statement. The faithful do not take a sip of “wine” with the intention of getting drunk. To compare the reception of communion under the form of wine to substance abuse is ignorant at best and asinine at worst.

I think hedonism is still at large today, even if it doesn’t go by that name.

"…the ethical theory that pleasure (in the sense of the satisfaction of desires) is the highest good and proper aim of human life. google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hedonism

We’re a bunch of winos I guess? :console:

We don’t even usually receive wine at Mass… just the priest. lol. I guess that means he’s the wino and we are the codependents gathered 'round him. ?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.