Struggle with impurity, please help

I have been praying the rosary every morning the past couple of weeks, and I have been praying 3 novenas everyday, and I did have a rubber band that I would wear around my wrist, but both of my wrists are used to it, so now it would take a few snaps to get a good sting (self-inflicting pain was used by some saints to help them), but yet I have fallen into the temptation, what other things can I do to help me stay pure? prayers would be highly appreciated

ps: my parents don’t want me to use the rubber band because it scares my dog

what temptation is this? jacking off?

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction & strength to overcome your temptations.

Holy Michael, Archangel, defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God thrust down into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

PS
When Satan reminds you of your past,
remind him of his future! (Boy! He does not like that!)

It’s masturbation yes, but please do not use those words on here.

Do not stop praying! Satan is waging war against you, and with each attempt to overcome your temptation, he’ll try harder until you are too strong! I will be pray for you, my friend! You can do it.

Maybe spend time in Eucharist adoration and bring this to Jesus, and tell Him you can’t do this alone. I feel really bad for men, guys don’t stand a chance they can’t even go pick up milk in the grocery store without being visually assaulted heck they can’t even go to mass in a lot of places now that it is becoming summer - PS go to the earliest mass possible because it’s all older Catholics. I would maybe also recommend frequent confession not only because Confessing this is necessary so you can receive Communion in a worthily manner and not blaspheme the Eucharist but as humiliating as it is to verbally admit this even to a priest the more times you confess it actually helps. The priests in confession will probably give you good advice. You are obviously trying to stop this and have contrition, and God knows that and wants to help you. I will keep you in my prayers. Also, just in general it takes a long time to break bad habits that are pleasing to us, you may fail a lot before you finally break through this but keep praying, I think we want to be relieved of our mortal sins really fast once we get to the point of wanting to stop them but it might take a while to get to the point where you detest the sin and when the temptation comes you can just say no. It might also help to surround yourself with images of Jesus, where just looking at Him might get you to not entertain a sin and you can stop yourself.

First of all… The wrist band thing is a waste of time,
You don’t need self inflicted pain, that achieves nothing at all…
And if practised regularly can actually become compulsive ,
A bit like a drug, after a while you feel no effect so you try something more dangerous ,
I suggest you stop that altogether , Most of what is happening is caused by chemicals
In your mind and body,not caused by satan ,or a jittery right hand,
First speak to your priest in the confessional, he may offer advise,
The best way to help yourself is to eat healthy food,read healthy novels ,
or a good biography … Join a youth group,or similar , exercise , or any social activity
Which gets your preoccupied mind on things other than your own shortcomings ,
You are a mortal human being , filled with human emotion, you are not a robot,
Don’t become obsessed with impure thoughts , just enjoy life,and learn what you can about humanity, this life is a wonderful experience,so enjoy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.