Struggling with depression...

Hello everyone… Please keep me in your prayers… I’m 37 and my Dad dies about 9 years ago of a heroin overdose and my Mom might bi bipolar and alcoholic and I was born with a vision disability… I’m a convert… I was confirmed a year and a half ago… And also I feel kind of confused because I was watching michael voris videos and fish eater articles but they might be in dissent…

Btw… I’m single and have never been married/no kids… And I live with my mother now… And she is baptist but she hasn’t been to church in years and she has a boyfriend for over 10 years who is catholic but not practicing… Keep them in your prayers too…

And ewtn as well as catholic answers answers and catholic lighthouse cd’s and immaculate heart radio have helped me a lot.

Thanks…

Praying hard for you to find happiness and peace of mind.

Praying for you. I am also 37 and struggling with depression. I will pray that the help you need comes your way quickly.

I’m praying for you.

Prayer for Depression
O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.
Amen :signofcross:

praying

[INDENT]For Those Who Suffer with Emotional Illness

Lord Jesus, Your healing extends to the depths of our mysterious being. Remember the sufferings of those who are afflicted with emotional disorder, especially for Jaysdec, for whom we now pray. Help him to understand himself, help others to understand him. In his agony of fear or anger, sadness or despair, confusion, withdrawal, loneliness, or loss of self-esteem, may he find the grace to trust You. Free him, lead him peace, bless him with truth and reality. Amen.

=====================

Praying for your intentions for your mother and her partner.

:signofcross:

[/INDENT]

Ave Maria, Gratia plena
Dominus tecum,
Benedicta to in mulieribus,
Et benedictus, fructus, ventris tui Jesus

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,
Ora pro nobis, pecatoribus nunc,
Et in hora mortis nostrae.

Amen

Oh My Jesus, Forgive us our sins,
Save us from the fires Hell,
And lead all souls to Heaven,
Especially those in most need of they mercy,
Amen

We turn to our Saints in Heaven for intercessory prayer. For all of us, but especially for the intentions of the petitioner in this thread, Jaysdec.

St. Dymphna, pray for us
St. John of the Cross, pray for us
St Augustine and St. Monica, pray for us
Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us
St. Joseph, Husband of Mary, pray for us
St. Francis of Assisi, pray for us
Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen, Pray for us.
St. John Paul II pray for us
St. John XXIII pray for us
St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I am also battling depression, I find that praying helps better than meds. I will say a prayer for you to be strong and overcome this .

Dear Lord, you are our refuge in good and in bad times. In your infinite mercy, bring peace and comfort to those of us who face days sometimes filled with pain and depression. Help us to realize that through you there is joy and the promise of lasting peace. Help us through the rough times. Walk before and beside us so that we may walk in your footsteps and reach out to you in our journey on this earth. Help us to focus on our blessings rather than our misfortunes, dear Lord. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. Amen

I’m so happy to hear how you DO have things that are helping you grow in your Catholic faith. Perhaps you also need a good Catholic friend to share with. (Any in your parish) You have been through a lot and perhaps need some spiritual healing. If there is a healing mass any where near it would be wise to go.
My prayers,
mlz

Remembering you and your mother in my daily prayers. God bless.

Praying that the Lord may strengthen you with all necessary graces and grant you relief from depression. Also praying for your mother and her boyfriend.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

praying hard for you that you may lift yourself out of the dark depths , i know i suffer to and i find my faith helps a lot , put your trust in the lord and let him guide you back into the light ,

Thank you everyone…I’ve been praying about what parish I should go to… And a catholic answers article has really helped me… Btw. I live in San Diego-east county/El Cajon area…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.