Struggling with suicide

Struggled with suicide all my life due to sexual abuse both my family and “church” friends. Recently, the struggle has gotten tougher. Therapy has made it harder, not easier, because the therapist also had suicidal thoughts. Injured myself in a suicide attempt and am healing. Very seriously considering combining martyrdom and suicide by traveling to a Muslim place where people are being persecuted for their faith. Could use prayers in soon attaining Heaven. :slight_smile:

Please get another therapist and, if possible, a spiritual advisor.

You cannot use martyrdom as a means to die. If you desire death, that alone would make you not a martyr.

The course of action you imagine was actually embraced by many hotheads in Spain during that country’s Muslim period, who sought martyrdom by challenging the Muslim rulers to kill them. The Church itself was forced to rule that such actions were not martyrdom.

Healing is available. God Bless and ICXC NIKA.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal faustinamary. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into faustinamary’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon faustinamary in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give

• be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!
    Amen.

Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

Faustinamary, please, please, please find a different therapist. I have struggled with anxiety and depression for many years and it can take a little searching to find a good therapist that you click with.

Prayer to St. Raphael to Intercede for
Those Contemplating Suicide

Holy Archangel Raphael, appointed by God to guide, protect and heal, I entrust to you all people who at this moment are contemplating suicide, especially Faustinamary. You guided young Tobias on his journey and protected him from the spirit of death which sought to destroy his life. I ask you to protect all people from the road that leads to physical and spiritual death, especially those in most danger of despair and suicide. Just as you led Tobias by the hand, lead them away from the sadness of addiction to peace and joy. O holy Raphael, whose name means, “God has healed”, bring them the Lord’s healing. Lord God, hear the prayer I make together with your faithful servant Raphael. Amen.

St. Raphael, pray for us!
St. Amabilis, pray for us!
St. Benedict Labre, pray for us!
St. Jude, pray for us!
St. Rita, pray for us!
St. Margaret of Cortona, pray for us!
St. Christina the Astonishing, pray for us!
St. Dymphna, pray for us!
St. Philomena, pray for us!
St. Giles, pray for us!
St. Joseph, pray for us!
All you holy saints and angels of God, pray for us!
Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us!
Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us.
Amen.

1 Like

Prayers being said for you.

faustinamary, the message of Easter is hope, new life, new beginnings. Slowly, one little step at a time you can heal. Sounds like your support hasn’t been the greatest. Don’t give up. Keep looking until you find someone that can help. Someone once told me that by our suffering we become more sensitive to others who suffer. You have so much to offer. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless You!

1 Like

Praying for you and entrusting you to Our Lord and to the caring love of Our Blessed Mother:

Merciful Jesus, we trust in You! May You grace faustinamary with a deep awareness of Your love and presence in her life.

We take refuge under your protection
O holy Mother of God.
Despise not our petitions for faustinamary
in her necessities,
but ever deliver her from all dangers,
O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Praying for you.

Little Flower
In this hour
Show your power.

I call upon St. Therese the Little Flower to intercede for you. In her dark night of illness, she called the atheists her brothers, and would have gladly taken her own life because of her sufferings. She was dying a slow death because of TB.

You were put on this earth to do a job that only you can do. Think of the glory God would receive if you were to get healed and work for Him. You have an Angel Guardian who would love to intervene, but they can’t unless you ask. That’s the rule.

Take yourself to the ER and request protective admission. Call a local priest and ask for the Sacrament of the Sick. Wear a St. Benedict medal and Green Scapular.

Your family didn’t serve you properly, as well as your ‘church’ family. You need a more supportive ‘family.’ Ask God to send you to the right bunch of folks. He is a BIG God and is almost insulted when we don’t ask for GREAT things. I place you in the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary. May her 7 Sorrows console you.

Suicide is the path to Hell. Only those suicides who are truly psychotic don’t land there. Suicide is THE sin against the Holy Ghost that is unforgivable (because you’re not alive to receive forgiveness). You’ll need to bring yourself to the point of being able to forgive your attackers.

You didn’t do anything – they abused because they are abusers. They likely had the same thing done to them. Pray for their conversion. Pray for them to go through a memories process that humbles them the way it’s humbled you.

Another CAF poster had experienced much the same, but her Angel Guardian appeared; called suicide stupid; asked how she could be so ungrateful to God; and she backed off the attempt. He’s been at her side ever since.

Blessings,
Cloisters

1 Like

First of all, your username is very beautiful.

St Faustina is my favorite saint. Blessed Virgin Mary is Jesus’s mother and ours.

Second of all, you are definitely not alone. Maybe spending time with spiritual reading and quiet retreat would help to distract the thoughts…

Here are some books

saintsbooks.net/

How can you be so sure of going to heaven though? I myself is very afraid of hell. I wish I can be as confident as you:shrug:

How about living alone? Is it not an option to get away from bad people?:frowning: Then from there you can quietly build your life again with Jesus, from shattered to whole. Just my opinion though.

I’m sure he loves us.

Suicide is the transgression against the fifth commandment (Do not murder …), to self.

So, surely, from catholic perspective, it is a mortal sin.

I, on the other hand, is struggling with thoughts of non existence.

I am sure that heaven and purgatory will be more beautiful than non existing, because there is Jesus, but not existing would be better than hell.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, oh prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

St. Joseph, look out for this poster. Obtain for us the graces needed to live a holy life. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
thrust into hell satan and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

We fly to your patronage, O Holy Mother of God: despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O Glorious and Blessed Virgin.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee to we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

As someone who endures constant temptations to suicide, I understand where you are coming from. But I think some of the posters above have given very good advice. Try another therapist. Pick a patron saint to call on for help and intercession. Call upon your guardian angel for protection. I’ll be praying for you…

1 Like

**O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.**

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.

:highprayer::highprayer::highprayer:

Praying hard for you to persevere with life. It’s worth living. Situations can change for the better. Please don’t give up!

For what you need in life.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts. They have helped!

Praying for you.

:slight_smile:

Prayers continuing for you…
+

• O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.