Struggling with the Faith and being tempted to leave the Church

Hi everyone. Could you all please pray for me? I've been struggling with the Faith today and am tempted to leave the Church for the Baptist church. Please pray for me and give me reasons to not leave the Church. I know one good reason to not leave the Church is the Eucharist but what about other reasons? :shrug::confused:

The Baptist church has incomplete Christianity.

The Catholic Church has complete Christianity.

Why the Baptists?

Holly I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.Trust in the Lord.Pray to Him about how you are feeling.Say "Jesus I trust You".
I would speak to your priest honestly and without fear.Tell himhow you are feeling he will have the answers you seek.
We all get tempted from time to time.The devil has tried to tempt me away many times.Doubt is perfectly normal from time to time also.
When things go wrong in our lives we are sometimes too quick to blame God.I know from reading your other posts you are having a difficult time in your life.I am so very sorry.
Please go and speak to your priest in confidence.Beleive me they have heard it all before!!!
You won't offend or shock the priest,so please talk to him.Make an appontment to talk in a relaxed atmosphere.Our priest is always so busy but always tells us to make an appontment so he can make time for individuals who need to talk.You are in my prayers.God bless.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.Amen

Because it is the Church begun by Jesus Christ, not by men.
In my prayers, Holly:)

Prayer to Achieve Inner Peace

Slow me down, Lord. Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind. Steady my hurried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time. Give me, amid the confusion of the day, the calmness of the everlasting hills. Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in my memory. Help me to know the magical, restoring power of sleep. Teach me the art of taking minute vacations---of slowing down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to pat a dog, to read a few lines from a good book.

Remind me each day of the fable of the hare and the tortoise, that I may know that the race is not always to the swift---that there is more to life than increasing its speed. Let me look upward into the branches of the towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well. Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil of life's enduring values that I may grow toward the stars of my greater destiny. Amen

Thanks everyone. The reason I am tempted to join the Baptists is their belief in once saved always saved. I know that this doctrine is false but I wish it were true. Just being honest there. :blush: I guess I am just so scared that I am going to go to Hell some day that I wish that this doctrine were true even though I know it is false. Anyway, just please keep me in your prayers and continue to offer me advice if you wish.

Prayer to Our Lady of Hope
O Mary, my Mother, I kneel before you with heavy heart. The burden of my sins oppresses me. The knowledge of my weakness discourages me. I am beset by fears and temptations of every sort. Yet I am so attached to the things of this world that instead of longing for Heaven I am filled with dread at the thought of death.
O Mother of Mercy, have pity on me in my distress. You are all-powerful with your Divine Son. He can refuse no request of your Immaculate Heart. Show yourself a true Mother to me by being my advocate before His throne. O Refuge of Sinners and Hope of the Hopeless, to whom shall I turn if not you? Obtain for me, then, O Mother of Hope, the grace of true sorrow for my sins, the gift of perfect resignation to God’s Holy Will, and the courage to take up my cross and follow Jesus. Beg of His Sacred Heart the special favor that I ask in this novena.

(Make your request.)

But above all I pray, O dearest Mother, that through your most powerful intercession my heart may be filled with Holy Hope, so that in life’s darkest hour I may never fail to trust in God my Savior, but by walking in the way of His commandments I may merit to be united with Him, and with you in the eternal joys of Heaven. Amen.
Mary, our Hope, have pity on us.
Hope of the Hopeless, pray for us.

Pray 3 Hail Marys

[quote="Holly3278, post:1, topic:177177"]
. I know one good reason to not leave the Church is the Eucharist but what about other reasons?

[/quote]

one good reason? what other could there be? Baptists do not even pretend to have valid Eucharist as in Christ present, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity upon their altars. What possible consideration could ever in any way, shape or form tempt you away from Him?

please state here what the Baptists have told you that convinces you they are the one true Church founded by Jesus Christ, which must mean of course every single word you have ever heard here, or from the Catholic Church is a lie, and moreover that Jesus Christ lied to his apostles when he founded his Church and promised the apostles that the HOly Spirit would protect her from error.

Holly, do some reading/research on the Eucharist, Mass, and Confession. The Baptist
Church has none of these. (Try different resources that you might have already read.)
Back when the Church “relaxed” the number of times we needed to go to the Sacrament
of Reconcilliation, the number of people going regularly dropped and according to the
Mayo Clinic, the number of people coming in with depression and other mental problems
increased. Mayo Clinic directly attributed the change to this.
The Baptist Church does not have our Sacraments and they (Sacraments) give us graces
precisely to help us overcome the kind of issues you are dealing with.

Catholicity.com has some free dvds that might be helpful to you.

God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers.

Holly,

I admire your honesty! GOD blessed you with wonderful insight into your issues.

"Once saved, always saved...." isn't that a silly doctrine? Think about it, wouldn't you rather be Catholic, where you can get your sins absolved? And where you can ask for the intercession of the Saints, known and unknown? Wouldn't you want to appear in front of GOD all pure and clean.

But imagine "once saved, always saved...".... would you want to appear in front of GOD, in Heaven, with all sorts of filth from your earthly sins?? Ones that would never get absolved because the Baptists don't have the sacrament of Confession?

Holly, you keep going to Confession. And you really start evaluating your "falls" - what are they- lust, theft, dishonesty, etc? Pray to GOD to overcome these sins. And talk with your priest about your concerns.

Say the Act of Contrition every night, too!

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed by thy Name
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily Bread and Forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive thouse who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
AMEN

Get ye to a Priest, hon!

Holly, I've seen you struggling. Hang on there hon! He's throwing you a lifeline!!!

You might be happy temporarily thinking you are "saved", but it's an empty feeling after a while.

Please talk to a priest soon!

[quote="LynnGM, post:11, topic:177177"]
Holly,

I admire your honesty! GOD blessed you with wonderful insight into your issues.

"Once saved, always saved...." isn't that a silly doctrine? Think about it, wouldn't you rather be Catholic, where you can get your sins absolved? And where you can ask for the intercession of the Saints, known and unknown? Wouldn't you want to appear in front of GOD all pure and clean.

But imagine "once saved, always saved...".... would you want to appear in front of GOD, in Heaven, with all sorts of filth from your earthly sins?? Ones that would never get absolved because the Baptists don't have the sacrament of Confession?

Holly, you keep going to Confession. And you really start evaluating your "falls" - what are they- lust, theft, dishonesty, etc? Pray to GOD to overcome these sins. And talk with your priest about your concerns.

Say the Act of Contrition every night, too!

[/quote]

Thanks LynnGM! What you say about once saved always saved does make sense. However, I think that most Baptists repent of their sins daily. But still, mortal sins cannot be forgiven simply by asking God to forgive you. They must be forgiven through the sacrament of reconciliation. :thumbsup:

I have made my decision. I will stay with the one true Church, the Catholic Church! :D

We have Jesus in the Eucharist. We have all the Truths revealed by Christ Himself. We have all the means necessary for salvation. We have the Sacraments. What other reasons do you need? i dont' know why you're tempted to leave the Church so i can't answer more specifically. Once I left the Church. I was sick and tired of all the superficial people, the hypocricy. For example, dressing up nice and pretty on Sundays and putting on this huge SHOW of holiness and the rest of the week gossiping, lying, manipulating and being downright cruel. I got tired of boring homilies and the constant begging for money. I left and proceeded to experience the most miserable 10 years of my life. God led me back and although I still see the superficial behavior and all the cattiness that drove me away before, I KNOW the faith now. I know better. I'm there for Jesus. There's no other Church in the world that can offer me the body, blood, soul and divinity of Our Lord. Nowhere else can I receive absolution for the offenses I've committed against Our Lord. I wont' leave now, regardless of the bad examples I see out there. They'll answer for them. Maybe they truly don't know any better and need prayers.

I don't know if this hits home with you or not but whatever the reasons, don't leave. Dont' turn your back on Jesus. remember how much He loves you and wants you to stay. It's about Him. no one else.

\ I’ve been struggling with the Faith today and am tempted to leave the Church for the Baptist church.\

**The other day, Holly, I saw one of your posting where you were talking about wanting to pursue a religious vocation.

You’d have LOTS of opportunities to become a nun in the Baptist Church, wouldn’t you?**

||Back when the Church “relaxed” the number of times we needed to go to the Sacrament
of Reconcilliation, the number of people going regularly dropped and according to the
Mayo Clinic, the number of people coming in with depression and other mental problems
increased.||

This is the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. I think it’s more likely that people are more willing to admit such struggles than previously.

You’re right. I wouldn’t have any opportunities to be a nun in the Baptist Church. Thank you for pointing that out.

Greetings to all In the Wonderful and Precious Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Peace be to you and yours! Something good is going to happen to you today!

JESUS now Waits at You Heart’s Door Don’t act like you’re not home (Rev. 3:20)

Have a Wonderful Day and may; THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU; THE LORD MAKE HIS FACE SHINE UPON YOU AND BE GRACIOUS TO YOU; THE LORD TURN HIS FACE TOWARD YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE. Amen.

Love In Christ!

sdtouchton.webs.com/

After you visit my website you might not leave the church!

Holly, take it from a Baptist. Stick to what you got. :thumbsup: You won’t go to hell if you’re a good Christian, silly. Anyone who claims to be saved can’t be saved if they don’t personally know Christ. And certainly you know Christ.
We Baptists don’t really have a very organized belief system. Catholosism is on a much grander scale. We don’t confess or pray to Rosaries. We only eat crackers and drink “wine” around the holidays. Thanks be to God for being the foundation and giving blessings to our denomination, but you are in the one true church of Christ I admit unbiasly. God Bless. :thumbsup:

Hiyas Holly:)

Sometimes, as a kid…the hardest thing for me …is only being able to sit and hold the hand of someone who is hurting.

~holding your hand and whispering ~ This IS the reason ** Church is the Eucharist **

~huggers~

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.