Struggling :(

Please pray for me - I fell into serious sin earlier (sexual ones I’m sure we’re all familiar with) and I really need strength to fight temptations to despair and to get to Confession tomorrow. Things were going so well, too… :frowning:

Praying for you, Ben.

Will definitely pray for you. Know that Jesus loves you like crazy, despite your falterings. Keep embracing his open arms, as he is always there waiting if you’ve ever turned away.

Almighty Father,
You know the intercessors we need we do not as we are not the all knowing, i ask You send Ben intercessors of Your will that he maybe strengthened in the peace and way of Yahooshua (pbwh).

Mother, Most Chaste,wrap Ben in your loving patient arms and lift him up to Jesus.

Dear Lord, bless Ben with a healing confession today and let him know that on this earth we will be tempted and that he is not alone in his struggles. I know that saints had to do battle to keep themselves pure; help keep Ben pure too. May he just always try to resist temptations when they assail him and may he find his way to the confessional should he ever fail to successfully resist. May he find a good spiritual director who can help him with this sort of temptation and direct him to things he can do to strengthen him in his virtue of chastity. Amen.

Ben, you will be remembered in my daily prayers. Peace!

Hi Ben,

After we commit sins (especially those we are particularly disgusted with), we do find ourselves feeling bad and weak, but the key is to go to confession and walk out a new man. Use the Grace to start over and resolve to turn away from the sin the next time you feel tempted…

Praying for you right now…

A saint is not someone who never sins, but someone who keeps on repenting.:thumbsup:
The powerful graces of sacrament of penance are aimed especially at the particular sin we confess. So go name it claim it tame it. Any good, God finds in any of us, He put there. Any good that comes out of us, He draws forth. Alone we are less than nothing. Go God!:thumbsup:

Holding you in my prayers.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself

Our Mother, St. Michael the Archangel, his guardian angel and patron saints, please pray
for him and all who struggle thus

Praying!

***Ben, praying for you that you will overcome those things that tempt you into sin…stay strong, God is there to help you always. ***

Hi Ben,

Hang in there. Remember that our crosses bring us closer to God. Going to Confession really helps and for me started a really deep conversion process. Also remember if we aren’t tempted in some way, then satan has us where he wants us which means we have a goodness about us that he doesn’t like.

The second part of this is to remain strong in your prayer life. If your prayer life isn’t where you want it to be, start out with the simplest prayer you know and pray it consistently. If you accidentally forget, just keep on going. Gradually build from there. For example, you can pray the “Our Father” each night before going to sleep; after you’ve been mostly consistent with this, begin to add/build more prayers/meditation. Saint Joseph is a great intercessor as he is the terror of demons among many other things such as a great example for a man and his family. Saint Mary is great also, the greatest saint. Pure of heart. Full of grace. Always in perfect uniformity with God’s will.

Praying hard for you Ben …
Go to confession as quickly as you can

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

still praying for you dear Ben

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hi Ben, praying for you. I pray that you made it to Confession and for the strenght to overcome temptations. We can’t do it alone, God will help us if we turn to him.

Take Care!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.