Struggling

I am a protestant Christian and I am continually feeling drawn to the catholic church. I just don’t know what to do. Would you all please pray for me? Thank you

Jesus, help this person through his/her struggles, praise to you,Lord…

Yes, I will. And, I understand. I was raised Protestant - anti Catholic no less - and yet even as a child I sensed something different and special in the Catholic church. I remember thinking how lucky some kids were to be raised Catholic! :eek: My Dad would have dropped in shock had he known. I even married a Catholic man, although it took another 20 years for me to convert. Have I mentioned that I can be a stubborn person? :rolleyes: Those messages that one hears growing up can be hard to overcome.

If you are feeling drawn, then may I suggest that you pray and study. Truly, it is SO confusing to be drawn to the Catholic church when those around you will say any number of awful and mean things about the church. I KNOW!!! It is hard for cradle Catholics to understand the stress of looking at the Church when one’s family and friends are anti-Catholic. There are many good apologetic books that do an amazing job of explaining the Catholic faith. When I was studying I had books both for and against the Catholic church side by side, comparing what was said, and asking lots of questions. In the end, well… I was confirmed almost two years ago, and it was the best thing ever!

Holy Father, please send the Counselor so that Nans can discern how best to serve you. In Jesus name we pray. :byzsoc:

Dear Father in Heaven, please send your Holy Spirit to Nans, a Christian, to guide a decision that will help her serve You better for the rest of her life. In Christ’s name. Amen.

Nans just pray daily about this matter (I bet you do anyway). Perhaps consider saying the Rosary every day… that should lead you to making a decision one way or the other.

God Bless,

Rove

My prayers for you in your struggles. When the Holy Spirit speaks, it is very hard not to listen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you and yours…
Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and
ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially
those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Let us give thanks to our Saviour who came down into this world as God in our midst. Let us cry out to him:
– Christ, king of glory, be our light and our joy!

Christ our Lord, you are the light dawning from on high, the first-fruits of the resurrection that is to come:
may we not remain in shadow but follow you and walk in the light of true life.

Make us perceive your goodness in every created thing,
so that we see your glory wherever we look.

Lord, do not let evil defeat us today,
but may we, armed with goodness, defeat evil ourselves.

You were baptized in Jordan and anointed with the Holy Spirit:
make us give thanks to that same Spirit today.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Come to the aid of your servants, O Lord; be good to those who pray to you.
We glory in having you as our creator and guide:
renew whatever is good in us, and make it last.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Nans,

I empathize with where you are right now, because I have been there myself. Let your prayer be to ask God to lead you into his truth and only his truth and that he open your heart to accept it and become obedient to it, whatever he shows you that to be. He will not forsake you. That you can take to the bank no matter if you are Protestant or Catholic - you know that in your heart! Then as others are saying, do your study and hold things side by side from both positions. Let each side speak for itself in regard to what it believes and check the sources, Scripture and otherwise to see if they check out. Ask yourself, which position clearly upholds the true and full sense of Scripture and doesn’t leave certain passages to the side for lack of a good explanation and also doesn’t make mindbending twists to make things fit together rather than relying on the plain sense of what Scripture is saying. The first and most important question that I think we all who are in this process of discernment need to deal with right away, is to ask, why does X denomination have authority or why does the Catholic Church have authority to say what it teaches is true (why does X minister or a Catholic Bishop or priest have authority to interpret Scripture). These questions will greatly aid you in your search!

Father, please help Nans to find the fulness of your truth as you gave it to the Apostles through Christ our Lord. And once she has found it, grant her the courage and the grace to act upon her convictions, knowing that seeking you while you may be found, seeking to be obedient to you in all things - these are indeed the most pleasing things to you; and that while she does these, remind her that nothing in this life (except her own choosing to not trust in you and love you) can take away your love from her in Christ Jesus our Lord. Grant her all that she needs so that she can be close to you and have the deepest, most holy relationship with you, unto new life now and everlasting life to come. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please, in Your Mercy, make Your Will more clear to this person. If You so desire for him or her to become a member of the Roman Catholic Church, Lord, and leave their current denomination, then please descend Your Holy Spirit upon them, and help them to discern Your Call to them. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

I’ll pray an Our Father for you.

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying…
hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Amen

AMEN!

Nans, God bless you for asking us to pray for you.
I’ll keep you in my prayers with delight!

You can ask a priest on this forum what to do…possibly go to a catholic church and speak to a priest in person.(.just a suggestion.)
If you do decide to join welcome to the flock!:smiley:

Hello Nans sorry to hear you are struggling but happy you are being drawn to join us in the Catholic church.You will remain in my prayers and the Lord will lead you to Him.

Lord your daughter Nans loves you very much and seeks you in sincere desire to love and serve You.Please help her to find the right path guided by You.Amen

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Praying…
hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.