Stuck for a JW verse

Before my computer had crashed, I found a great verse to refute the idea that Jesus was the archangle Micheal. Specifically, in reference to the passage they use where Jesus speaks with “the voice of the archangel” (from their poor translation), there is a verse (maybe in Revelation) that describes an angel preparing the way for the Lord, maybe calling out or something, which would give a solid reason why one would hear the voice of an angel on the last day and why Christ would come “with” that sound. Any ideas? It’s bugging the heck out of me.

Are you thinking of Isaiah? The “voice of one crying in the desert-- preparing the way of the Lord” in Isaiah speaks of John the Baptist, not Michael or any other Angel. I don’t know about anything in Revelations other than the Trumpet sound…

But then again, it’s been a long day. :shrug:

in Christ
Steph

No, but thanks. Man, this is really killing me. It was a great verse. I recorded it. Computer crashed. I’ll be digging all evening.

Revelation Chapter 14 has angels calling out the end.

That’s exactly it. Rev. 14:14-16 has an angel crying out to the one on a cloud who looked "like a son of man, “Use your sickle and reap the harvest, for the time ot reap has come, because the earth’s harvest is fully ripe.” Then the one on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth and the earth was harvested.

The imagery of the “fully ripe” earth being harvested rings pretty familiar with our understanding of Christ coming at the end of time for judgement. The fact that the voice of an angel will accompany this event fits perfectly with the prooftext from 1 Thes., giving a great explanation to counter the silly JW claim that Jesus is an archangel.

Yet, for some reason, I rarely see the verse used in such a manner. Either way, thanks! This was driving me nuts.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.