Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than £2.5 million

Does anyone else find it ironic that she is doing this to earn a masters degree in Family and Marriage therapy?:eek:

**Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than £2.5 million

A student who is auctioning her virginity to pay for a masters degree in Family and Marriage therapy has seen bidding hit £2.5million ($3.7m). **

Natalie Dylan, 22, claims her offer of a one-night stand has persuaded 10,000 men to bid for sex with her.

Last September, when her auction came to light, she had received bids up to £162,000 ($243,000) but since then interest in her has rocketed.

The student who has a degree in Women’s Studies insisted she was not demeaning herself.

Miss Dylan, from San Diego, California, USA, said she was persuaded to offer herself to the highest bidder after her sister Avia, 23, paid for her own degree after working as a prostitute for three weeks.

She said she had had a lot of attention from a wide range of men, including “weirdos”, “those who get really graphically sexual about what they want to do to me” and “lots of polite requests from rich businessmen”.

Miss Dylan said she did not think it was particularly significant to be willing to sell your virginity and insisted that she was happy to undergo medical tests for any doubters.

She said: "I get some men who are obviously looking for a girlfriend but I try and make it clear that this is a one-night-only offer.

"I know that a lot of people will condemn me for this because it’s so taboo but I really don’t have a problem with that.

"My study is completely authentic in that I truly am auctioning my virginity but I am not being sold into this. I’m not being taken advantage of in any way.

“I think me and the person I do it with will both profit greatly from the deal.”

She added: “It’s shocking that men will pay so much for someone’s virginity, which isn’t even prized so highly anymore.”

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4222155/Student-auctions-off-virginity-for-offers-of-more-than-2.5-million.html

Chris Matyszczyk, over at CNET, asks some pertinent questions:

1. Who is she, really? Although she has appeared with Tyra Banks and Howard Stern, among others, she claims that she took on the pseudonym for her own ‘safety.’ Strangely, I can find no online trace of her real name.

She says she is a student at Sacramento State. You would have thought that fellow members of her undergraduate Women’s Studies program would have performed their social-networking duties, and twittered and facebooked away about her enterprise and her true self.

It does raise suspicions whether her claims are entirely true. Could this be a stunt? Perhaps research for a book or graduate degree paper?

1. Why is it all auction and no action? Ms. Dylan has been on this quest since last September. She says she needs the money in order to pay for a Master’s Degree in Family and Marriage Therapy. But does Sacramento State have gold bidets in the bathrooms? Or is she thinking Harvard? The Sorbonne, perhaps?

In the CBS interview, she mentioned that she was going to write a book and set up in practice with her sister, Avia–who seems also to have occasionally burrowed down at the Bunny Ranch to earn a little cash. But isn’t $3.8 million quite a handsome sum?

Ah, a book project is envisioned. But why write a book if she is sitting on $3.8 million?

1. Why does she insist on intelligence in her suitor? I can’t help but imagine that she will not be in flagrante delicto for longer than an episode of The Office. So why is it that she feels it important for her suitor to have brains?

news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10141324-71.html

Does she intend to get pregnant?

Those questions and some of the facts revealed give me serious doubts as to “Natalie Dylan’s” game. I don’t think she is being honest with the press.

I wonder if £2.5 million will help her if she ends up getting AIDS from the highest bidder?

Another question I’d have to ask is, “If I needed family or marraige therapy why in hell would I go to a therapist who auctioned off her virginity to the highest bidder? Hel-lo!

Reminds me of the old joke that ends with the lines:

" 25 Cents! What do you think I am?"

“We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.”

Reminds me of the old joke that ends with the lines:

" 25 Cents! Of course not! What do you think I am?"

“We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.”

Her price is higher than most.

One-night stands are usually less profitable.

The best thing would be to cut her publicity.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.