Student in Despair

Hi everyone, please pray for me as I register for classes for the upcoming quarter, please pray that I receive all the classes I need in order to graduate on time, which is very important since staying another year is a grueling option for me and family financially. Also right now I am losing confidence and hope as a student in college. I keep on studying but I still receive inadequate results. It feels as if studying is pointless and I should just give up.
Before college, I was an excellent Honor Roll student in elementary, middle, and high school. Now I am barely passing my classes and just trying to hold my head afloat. If I don’t pass all of my classes with decent grades this quarter, I will get kicked out of college, and if that happens I will certainly fall apart and breakdown.
I want to get into the Christmas Spirit but it is extremely difficult to do so with me struggling in my classes. Please pray that I stay focused, keep my priorities straight, stay perseverant, confident, optimistic, and hopeful that I will receive great grades in all of my classes. Please pray for the teachers, graders, counselors, assistants, and those involved in academics that they will be lenient towards us students and help us reach our goal. I am praying for all of you as well and your intentions. Thank you all and God Bless!:slight_smile:

You will be in my prayers throughout the coming weeks.

-ACEGC

Had you ever considered getting a** tutor**? A lot of colleges have tutors which are even included, already are paid for by your “Student Activity fees”!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :gopray:

Offering a decade of the Rosary for this intention.

I am an older student in school - I can empathize with you. Praying for you (and myself). Hang in there!

I can’t really pray that teachers will be lenient, because a teacher who passes a student just to pass him is not really doing his student any favors over the long haul.

In Literacy Volunteers, I once had a student who could have graduated high school without even knowing how to read or write! The only reason she didn’t was she had dropped out of school, figuring, “What good would it be to have a high school diploma that says I know how to read when I don’t?”

Laudentur Jesus Christus et Maria Virgo!
When my sister was a medical student she had the similar problems. Everything was going worse and worse until someone advice her to pray fervently to St. Ap. Jude Tadeus (he is Patrone of students). So my recommendation:

1. pray Rosary and some prayers to St. Jude with strong confidence in God’s help;
  2. work hard with your studing ('cause God doesn’t help the slothful) according to words of St. Ignatius: “take confidence in God as if everything depends on Him, but work in such a manner as if everything depends on you”
  3. and always accept God’s will, for it is best for us, even if we do not understand it.

May God help you!
And I from my part, we pray for you!:slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying hard for your success at school.

Praying that the Lord may guide you and enable you to persevere in your studies. Also praying that He may strengthen you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women
And Blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.