Students kicked off campus for wearing American flag tees

nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html
Students kicked off campus for wearing American flag tees

Crazy!

Especially since Cinco de Mayo is not really that big of a holiday in Mexico.

This is the third thread in this forum about this incident. Please check previous threads before starting a duplicate thread.

Oops sorry, I didn't realize that....

[quote="Dale_M, post:3, topic:197643"]
...]Please check previous threads before starting a duplicate thread.

[/quote]

Hi, I'm a New Member. What's the best way to do that for future reference?

I'd say that you could use the "Search" function (top of the page): type the topic of the thread you want to start in the box and see if there's already one up. If there's one, check the messages and see if what you want to contribute is there or not.

If your search doesn't come up with anything, then post away! :D

Sounds like a crock. If the motivation of the boys was because they knew it would cause conflict then they were the ones disrespecting the flag as it shouldn't be used in that way.

Now they plead it was patriotic but I'm not buying it and it sounds like the school just wanted to avoid violence and knew the boys were wearing the shirts to bait the Mexican students on their day of celebrating their ancestory.
(I'm not Mexican or American).

[quote="Polycarp1, post:7, topic:197643"]
Sounds like a crock. If the motivation of the boys was because they knew it would cause conflict then they were the ones disrespecting the flag as it shouldn't be used in that way.

Now they plead it was patriotic but I'm not buying it and it sounds like the school just wanted to avoid violence and knew the boys were wearing the shirts to bait the Mexican students on their day of celebrating their ancestory.
(I'm not Mexican or American).

[/quote]

Wouldn't be the first time a protest happened like that.

[quote="AnneT, post:6, topic:197643"]
I'd say that you could use the "Search" function (top of the page): type the topic of the thread you want to start in the box and see if there's already one up. If there's one, check the messages and see if what you want to contribute is there or not.

If your search doesn't come up with anything, then post away! :D

[/quote]

Thanks Anne!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.