Studies and Meditations on this Sundays Scripture Readings: May 5, 2013

Jesus said to his disciples: “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me. I have told you this while I am with you.The Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything..."

To help us prepare for this coming Sunday, here are the readings, studies and reflections for this coming Sunday's Scripture readings. *This Sunday is the 6th Sunday of Easter. *

May 5, 2013: Studies and Meditations on this Sundays Scripture Readings

http://www.holytrinitysookebc.org/images/icons/icon_large.jpg

Discussion, questions and charitable comments are always welcome. Have a blessed week!

*The Sacred Page: Kingdom of Peace: 6th Sunday of Easter *

We have arrived at the Sixth Week of Easter, and continue to bask in the glow of the story of the growth of the early Church in Acts, the vision of heaven from the Book of Revelation, and the consolation of Jesus’ words to the Apostles in the Upper Room from John. It’s a trifecta of glory in these Readings.

If last Sunday we noted a “kingdom of love” theme, this week we notice an emphasis on the idea of the “kingdom of peace.” In Acts (1st Reading) we see the measures that were necessary to keep peace in the early Church. In Revelation (2nd Reading) we see the peace of Eden restored in the heavenly New Jerusalem. In the Gospel we see Jesus bestowing his supernatural peace on the disciples.

1. The First Reading is Acts 15:1-2, 22-29...

See the complete commentary at The Sacred Page.

http://blog.adw.org/wp-content/uploads/1st-council-of-Jerusalem.jpg

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.