Studies and the Priesthood

I am about to enter my final years of school and need to decide upon which subjects I would like to study. I have a great desire to be an alter Christus and feel that the desire I have is in its self God's calling. But what do you think would be the best subjects to study, apart from philosophy, if I plan to enter the seminary DV, after leving school?

God Bless

Foreign language is always a good idea.
Math, especially accounting. The Seminary probably won;t teach you much about that, and parish finances are one of the biggest headaches for a pastor
English, especially public speaking and writing.

:gopray:Regarding your studies, I believe after much research on the Duties of the Priest, I can honestly give anything, study, research, etc...that Cardinal Alfonso Liguori, would be the studies, works, that I would base such a major decision as what to study. Cardinal Liguori covers the "Call of God" pertaining to becoming priest. That would probably the first place I would place my study to determine what direction to take in such a journey with Christ. He makes one visualize the "Call" of priesthood, with great caution, and discernment. My prayers will always be with you if this is truly the Journey you have chosen for your life. May the blessing of God be upon you and of the Holy Mother, whom you will have a close relationship in the days ahead in your journey.

tijerina

[quote="FAH, post:1, topic:302501"]
what do you think would be the best subjects to study, apart from philosophy, if I plan to enter the seminary DV, after leving school?

[/quote]

The Church needs priests with all varieties of talents, background, and education. Study what appeals to you; the Church will be able to utilize it for the glory of God... ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.