Study: Smoking Pot May Increase Risk of Testicular Cancer

I never bought into that medical pot stuff how is it healthy to inhale smoke?

Study: Smoking Pot May Increase Risk of Testicular Cancer

Marijuana use may increase the risk of developing testicular cancer, in particular a more aggressive form of the disease, according to a U.S. study published on Monday.
The study of 369 Seattle-area men ages 18 to 44 with testicular cancer and 979 men in the same age bracket without the disease found that current marijuana users were 70 percent more likely to develop it compared to nonusers…
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,489866,00.html

I never bought into that medical pot stuff how is it healthy to inhale smoke?

It may not be healthy in the strictest sense of the word, but it is very helpful for chemotherapy patients (nausea) or those with chronic nerve pain. There are more instances, but I sure you catch my drift.
In some cases there are pharmaceuticals that will suffice, but are they any healthier? In the case of nerve pain, there really are no better options at present.

John

Maybe you’re right? All I know is that everyone I’ve ever met that supported medical marijuana were potheads to begin with.

Maybe there is some people that legitimately use it for medical purposes I just haven’t met one yet.

Maybe there is some people that legitimately use it for medical purposes I just haven’t met one yet.

I also understand your point of view. There are definitely many people who do not need the drug for legitimate reasons and are using the medical need to skirt existing laws.

John

I think that this shows a correlation with the impaired capability of thinking due to pot. Sometime us men, especially when young, just think with our…:smiley:

I think that this shows a correlation with the impaired capability of thinking due to pot. Sometime us men, especially when young, just think with our…

Shameful…also funny and probably correct. :smiley:

John

And doesn’t it have more carcinogens in it than cigarettes?

Yep that’s what I’ve been told. I have also noticed some people want to ban cigarettes but what to make pot legal.

I remember when the medical researchers said it would cause the growth of breast tissue. Not too many males were dissuaded.

Duuuuuude, that’s Booooooogus! :wink:

The real problem is with short-term memory…where was I going with this?

John

Maybe marijuana has more utility than nicotine?

That’s true the more you smoke it the more you’re going to be a pothead.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.