Studying St. Faustina's Divine Mercy Diary

A small group in my parish is having a weekly meeting to discuss St. Faustina’s Diary. I am leading the effort, but have a lot of other things going on at the parish. Has anyone ever seen something in a book or on-line that has discussion/study questions that go along with the book. I am reading it and am finding wonderful things (related to Scripture, the CCC, and personal spirituality), but I would also like some help if there is any out there.

thanks. pax

There has been discussion on this forum before about St. Faustina’s Diary, simply type her name into the search button and see if there is anything that might come be useful for you. Apparently there is a study guide that is available from Amazon also.

On another note, however, I had been pondering about the idea of painting some icons. I did have some classes with a lovely, little Franciscan priest, over 20 years ago. I probably have the notes buried deep in my things somewhere, but that’s going to be an exercise in itself to find that! (pre-computer days for me!) I wondered if there were any artists on this forum who might do these, so just a few days ago, I used the search engine and your name came up, along with the BEAUTIFUL icon you had painted. Now as you would know, the process itself is a prayer in action, along with the meditations etc. There is also a very structured, practical process that goes with this. I wondered if you would be able to share this with me and was therefore wondering how I could contact you, or simply post here for info. And lo and behold, you have come online again! So as to my question, do you think you would be able to help me or point me in some direction? Would be greatly appreciated.

Wishing you success with your program on the diary - what a wonderful opportunity for you!

Blessings,
Lilly:heart:

P.S. Have you done any other icons?

Lilly,

Thanks for the tip on St. Faustina’s diary. I will email you about icons.

I am thinking of adding this book to my collection. Would you recommend it?

Hello, sorry to chime in late. I would definitely recommend it! It is a great book, and is well worth your time. I try to read a little bit a day.

If you go to Amazon.com and do a search on “faustina” + “study guide” you’ll find a study guide there. Not sure what it’s like or how it’s to be used, but it might give you a start.

Yes …Most definately

not to mention that you can pray to St. Faustina to help you :wink: :thumbsup:

St. Faustina’s diary is a must-have/must-read (multiple times).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.