Sublime Morality of Banditry

THE SUBLIME MORALITY OF BANDITRY

After his emigration from Mecca, the false prophet found living in charity a humiliation difficult to swallow. Further, his band of merry bandits, I mean devout Muslims, had no employment in Yathrib, now renamed Medinah. As they had voluntarily left most of their possessions in Mecca the band of merry bandits, I mean devout Muslims, were destitute.

Some people claim they were persecuted and kicked out of Mecca by the Quraysh, and therefore, by extension the Quraysh had stolen their possessions. This is of course as false as the prophet for the following reason. The migration of the Muslims occurred over a period of months. The principal bandits, the false prophet and his henchman Abu Bakr left Mecca one night, leaving behind their women and children who joined them three months later. Now, if the Muslims were persecuted, it makes no sense to leave their women and children behind. By the false prophet’s standards, they would have been sold into slavery or turned into sex-slaves. However, as the Quraysh were honorable peaceful people they didn’t harm any of the Muslims. All that happened when the Quraysh discovered that the false prophet had left as that one of their men slapped Abu Bakr’s daughter. That was all.

Be that as it may, what does an honest prophet of sublime morality do? His men were idle and we know that the Devil has work for idle hands. So, he ordered the raiding of the caravans of the Quraysh. Some might consider this justified as the Quraysh were enemies of the Muslims and they had ownership of the Muslim’s possessions they left behind in Mecca. Others justify the caravan raiding on the basis that the false prophet wanted to deter war by teaching the Quraysh of his military power. Such are the reasons espoused on behalf of the false prophet.

Of course the Muslim apologetics are false. The false prophet organized 64 Ghazwats or Razzias, meaning raids, including 27 he personally took part in (some say only 19). Most of these raids were not only on Qurayshi caravans but on villages and towns that had nothing to do with the Quraysh. He even organized raids after he conquered Mecca. These include the Hunain and Ta’if conquests. After these conquests, the false prophet caused an unseemly ruckus among his bandits, I mean pious Muslims, because of the perceived unfairness in distributing the booty, I mean just worldly rewards for the pious Muslims in spreading the message of the religion of peace.

Other post-Meccan bandit raids by the false prophet’s followers included the raid on the Bani Tamim; the raid on Khatha’m in Tabalah where camels, women and sheep were taken as booty; the raid on the Bani Khilab where every Kilab person was killed because they refused to embrace the religion of peace; the raid on Mahallat Hatim where armor, camels and sheep were taken as booty; and the Tabuk expedition which the false personally led and which resulted in much tribute and booty.

Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar) By Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri pg 92-93; 179-195.

Here are several sound hadiths from Imam Bukhari highlighting the false prophet’s sublime morality of banditry.

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 287: Narrated Kab bin Malik: I never failed to join Allah’s Apostle in any of his Ghazawat except in the Ghazwa of Tabuk. However, I did not take part in the Ghazwa of Badr, but none who failed to take part in it, was blamed, for Allah’s Apostle had gone out to meet the caravans of (Quraish, but Allah caused them (i.e. Muslims) to meet their enemy unexpectedly (with no previous intention) .

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 747: Narrated Abu Ishaq: I asked Zaid bin Al-Arqam, “In how many Ghazawat did you take part in the company of Allah’s Apostle?” He replied, “Seventeen.” I further asked, “How many Ghazawat did the Prophet fight?” He replied, “Nineteen.”

cont

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 686: Narrated Zaid bin Arqam: The Prophet fought nineteen Ghazwas and performed only one Hajj after he migrated (to Medina), and did not perform another Hajj after it, and that was Hajj-ul-Wada,’ Abu Ishaq said, “He performed when he was in Mecca.”

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 627: Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet sent a Sariya towards Najd and I was in it, and our share from the booty amounted to twelve camels each, and we were given an additional camel each. So we returned with thirteen camels each.

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 624: Narrated 'Abdullah: When the Prophet distribute the war booty of Hunain, a man from the Ansar said, “He (i.e. the Prophet), did not intend to please Allah in this distribution.” So I came to the Prophet and informed him of that (statement) whereupon the color of his face changed and he said, “May Allah bestow His Mercy on Moses, for he was troubled with more than this, but he remained patient.”

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 625: Narrated ‘Abdullah: When it was the day of Hunain, Prophet favored some people over some others (in the distribution of the booty). He gave Al-Aqra’ one-hundred camels and gave Uyaina the same, and also gave other people (of Quraish). A man said, “Allah’s Pleasure was not the aim, in this distribution.” I said, “I will inform the Prophet (about your statement).” The Prophet said, “May Allah bestow Mercy on Moses, for he was troubled more this but he remained patient.”

Thus is revealed the sublime morality of banditry.

How could this cruel guy became the prophet of God? :confused:
I know God works in a misterious way but appointed him to be one of his prophet? thats too much! :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.