Sudden Death of our 13 Year Old Daughter

Hi All:

I am desperately asking for prayers from all of you … our daughter McKayla went to environmental camp on this past Monday - and we got a call that she passed out. When we finally drove three hours to see her at the hospital, she had already been commended into the arms of our heavenly Father.

We are heart broken. We had her wake last night - and over 1100 people attened … it was over six hours at the wake … we buried her today — the pain is too much to bear at times.

Please, our Catholic Answers Friends, keep the Geisinger’s in your prayers … McKayla is our heavenly angel that left us for a better place … but we are left with hearts that are broken.

Please keep her Sister Amanda in your prayers … she is only a year older than her sister - they were like twins and best friends. We are beside ourselves.

Her funeral was amazing though … and she has been an instrument in bringing many people to Christ … for this we are grateful.

Please keep the Geisinger’s in your prayers … we miss her terribly and our hearts are just so very sad :frowning: Ask God to help us pick up the pieces … our communities and the schools have been amazing and it has been such a humbling experience!

God’s Peace,

Moe Geisinger

I can not imagine your pain. I know I have sent my kids away to outdoor school, and it is unthinkable that they would not be coming home. Please know that you, your wife, and the soul of your daughter are in my prayers.

You and your family are in our prayers. I’ll offer my mass for your daughter’s soul tomorrow.

~Liza

I could not begin to tell how sorry I am. My wifes mother passed away December 18 last year and that has been the closest person to me that has passed away. I was heart broken. I couldnt even imagine what you are going through, I have 3 small children myself. It was very hard on my family and my faith. But we are pulling through, thanks to God’s grace and mercy. I will pray for you and your family and tell you I will continue to think of you. God bless.

Im so sorry to hear about your precious Daughter , She sounds so special the way you described her .

I m going to pray for you that God give you strength and Comfort during this time .

Michael
From
San Diego

Oh my, I am speechless! Just know that you, your family, and your daughter are in my prayers. I cannot imagine your pain.:frowning:

Your family is most certainly in my prayers. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I will offer my next novena of rosaries for you and your family. May the Lord comfort you at this horrible time of grief.

Warmest regards,

Kelly

I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you.

At times tragedies happen in our lives that cannot be explained. My ethics professor said something the other day, “When elders die, we lose a part of our past. When our friends die, we loose part of our present. But when children die, we lose part of our future.” This is what makes the death of a child so very, very painful, and it is felt so acutely by all.

God bless you and your family in this time of mourning.

I have a 13 year old daughter too and I just can’t even begin to know what your going through but you are in my prayers and will continue to be in my prayers.

I will pray for yur family. Especially Amanda.

Your family is in my prayers and will be part of my mass intentions tomorrow.

I am so sorry.

I will offer my communion Sunday for the soul of your daughter, and for the consolation of your family.

May the soul of McKayla Geisinger rest in peace in our heavenly Father’s arms. God bless the Geisinger family. You are all in my prayers.

I can’t even let myself imagine the pain you are feeling, it would be too intense to even contemplate. May God grant you peace.

God needed an angel in Heaven

To stand at the Savior’s feet;

His choice must be the rarest

A lily pure and sweet.

He gazed upon the mighty throng

Then stopped and picked the best,

Your child was His chosen one

With Jesus she’s now at rest.

I will pray for your Daughter and your family too. I will also offer up prayers at Mass tomorrow for her too.

I am so sorry to hear your tragic news about your daughter. May God comfort you and your family. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

I am so heartbroken for you! I cannot begin to imagine the pain and sorrow you must be feeling. I will be praying for you and remembering your daughter’s soul in my intentions!

I am moved beyond words by your post & your loss. God is giving your family a tremendously heavy cross to bear, but I know He is closest to us when we suffer. I am so sorry. Your family is in my prayers. I will ask Jesus to send your family extra angels & graces. I pray that you will feel His loving Presence remaining with you in a special way…

May God’s loving arms be around you and both your dear daughters. May our Lady, who knows our griefs as no one else, comfort you at this time.

That is so terrible to hear, although being an atheist I cannot offer prayers I will keep your family in my thoughts. My condolences and deepest sympathies to you and your family:(

Human language can never convey the condolences I wish to extend. However your unimaginable pain will be remembered in my prayers. I have a daughter who is almost thirteen. I am so sorry and may God hold you in this most difficult time. Again, there are no words…God Bless, teachccd

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.