Suffering anger, please pray for me

Reparation through suffering

God of all peoples, please receive from all ages the sufferings of the innocent and the contrite, in reparation for the sins of the guilty!
Behold—
the bereaved and the deserted…the hopeless and the despairing…the displaced and the poverty-stricken…the injured and the physically sick…the mentally and the emotionally ill…the retarded and the incapacitated…the frustrated and the afraid…the isolated and the elderly…the addicted, the imprisoned and the persecuted. Behold those young, to old, sinned against by injustice, misunderstanding, abuse and neglect…those whose hearts this world has broken…those crushed by remorse and racked by misery and sin…those with lives empty of purpose—
all persons with suffering within or with suffering imposed from an external source! Please receive their pain, grief and loneliness, their weariness, anxiety or desperation
—in conjunction with the spiritual, mental and physical anguish of Your Son, as reparation for all the sins of humankind.

Our God, through Your love of Jesus, please bless and welcome the sufferers! Hold them gently in Your arms and comfort them. Heal them, claim them, and fill them with Your life and peace.

Please accept all the undirected suffering of those who do not know God. Receive this suffering in atonement for all offences against You and any person. Allow Your mercy, compassion and power to release humankind from bondage to sin, suffering, and death.
You grant me compassion to desire to bring their pain to Your redeeming grace.

Therefore, gather their tears, those fallen and those unshed. Draw them up into yourself through the sun of divine love, to purify them as a rain of mercy to fall upon the parched souls of humankind. Thus, we may grow in Your love and the earth may be filled with life and fruitfulness pleasing to Your divine purposes.

Our God, out of all the cries and moans and tears, hidden or revealed, from earth’s beginning, please hear our prayer. Joined as one with Your Son we all cry out—“My God, my God, why have You abandoned me?” Of those who torment and those who pass by uncaring and unseeing, we say—“Father, forgive them. They know not what they do and fail to do!” With Him we then cry trustingly—“Father, into Your hands I commit my spirit!”

Our God, please listen to our prayer, in union with Your beloved Son whom You raised from death to everlasting glory and joy. In Him who bore all humankind’s sins, please receive all suffering, struggle and sorrow that sin has brought upon our race.

Anything separated from God is meaningless, but in God, all becomes renewed and holy. Please accept from Jesus’ hands the suffering of every person throughout time, held within His own redemptive suffering. This that the whole price of atonement is met, and harmony is restored to Creation in the eternal triumph of Your Kingdom.
Thank You, God of our redemption! September 8

thank you, allhers, I need to be around more peaceful souls like you.
Love,
scott
:slight_smile:

Wow, Tracie, those are beautiful prayers!

:hug3:

I’ll pray for you, Scott!

Here are some prayers that I hope will be of help to you:

Almighty and Eternal God,
Give me, I beseech You,
the great gift of inward peace.
Command the winds and storms
of my unruly passions.
Subdue, by Your grace,
my proneness to love
created things too much.
Give me a love of suffering for Your sake.
make me forbearing and kind to others,
that I may avoid quarrels and contentions.
And teach me constantly to seek after
and to acquire that perfect resignation
to Your Holy Will
which alone brings interior peace.

Amen.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english/p02231.htm

God, our Father, Your Word, Jesus Christ,
spoke peace to a sinful world
and brought mankind the gift of reconciliation
by the suffering and death He endured.
Teach us, the people who bear His name,
to follow the example He gave us:
may our faith, hope, and charity turn hatred to love,
conflict to peace,
and death to eternal life.

Amen.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english4/p02973.htm

Prayer for Peace

From A Catholic Prayer Book

by Pope John Paul II (Pont. 1978-2005)

O God, Creator of the universe, who extends your paternal concern over every creature and guides the events of history to the goal of salvation, we acknowledge your fatherly love when you break the resistance of mankind and, in a world torn by strife and discord, you make us ready for reconciliation. Renew for us the wonders of your mercy: send forth your Spirit that He may work in the intimacy of hearts, that enemies may begin to dialogue, that adversaries may shake hands and peoples may encounter one another in harmony. May all commit themselves to the sincere search for true peace which will extinguish all arguments, for charity which overcomes hatred, for pardon which disarms revenge.

catholicity.com/prayer/prayer-for-peace-4.html

Hi Scott,
I will be praying for you as well. I live with a man who has to deal with the past and people who have hurt him, my dh. When I met him, he did not forgive his parents. They were abusive to him and in a way continue to be, even as he is now an adult. He had so much anger in him that he was abusive to me. It scared me and I wanted out of our marriage and that scared him even more. He knew he had to do something. I kept repeating to him that he needed to forgive his parents, but he just was unable to for some reason. He forgave his dad one dad when his dad apologized, but his anger continued with his mother. This made things worse for me for I was a woman. We saw counselors and they said he saw his mother in me. Until he set things right with is mother, he was going to hold on to the anger. I understand this anger you are talking about and how holding on to it and not forgiving someone can ruin the person’s soul and their relationship with others. My dh could not do it alone and had to go see a psychiatrist and is on medication to this day. He continues with problems with anxiety and depression as a result of his childhood. His anger is much better, but stuggles with controling it. I have had many tell me what he needs is to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit and one holy priest said that I need to pray for the Holy Spirit to heal my dh’s wounded heart for he will never be able to get close to the Lord until his heart is healed. He told me as his wife, I can pray for him in that way since we are one. So if your heart is wounded from the hurt of the past and it causes you anger to remember it, pray to the Holy Spirit to heal your wounded heart. I know that since I have been doing this for my dh, I have noticed a incredible change. I lay hands on him too when I pray it and when he is asleep. I believe the Lord will heal my dh someday totally of his anger problem. It was a behavior that was learned from both of his parents. He has to unlearn it and it will take time. He was also hurt too. He has two other brothers and they have worse anger issues than he does and both are alcoholics and sex addicts. As I said, they grew up in a very abusive and angry home. I pray for his brother’s healings as well.

So I do understand the anger you are talking about and how it affects your life. Pray, my brother for the healing of your wounded heart. I know that Jesus will not disappoint you. If you have to get attached to anything, get attached to Jesus and His Church. Slowly, but surely, the pain of past will be healed. It may take time, but it will happen. It will not be easy, but with Jesus all is possible. I have been hurt by my dh’s words and actions when we were first married due to his anger problem. Sometimes I remember what he said to me or how he acted but than I remember that I forgave him and I will not allow it to anger me and take my peace away. Frequent Holy Communions will help you and Adorations will help as well.

God bless you, Scott.

THank you, Morwenna, I just prayed these prayers, and I will try to copy them later. God bless you,
love,scott

thank you so much, nana, for taking the time to comment so much on my situation and sharing with me your personal and pain and that of your dear husband.

That was very thoughtful.

I take your words to heart, and will pray and turn it over to Jesus. I do this often, but it is a daily struggle, as you indicate. And it is the times that indulge beyond the time for turning it over that wounds me and hurts Jesus.

I am resolved to work harder, and I think all the prayers are helping.

LOve,
scott

:hug3: X 3

Scott, the fact that you are resolved to work hard and continue to work on this daily pleases Jesus more than you think. Don’t be so hard on yourself. My dh use to, and still does this at time, do this. He does go to confession weekly for spiritual direction and says this helps him so much. If you have not tried that, maybe that will help you. But know that you are pleasing the Lord in your efforts and prayers.:wink: Keep it up! We will all continue to pray for you.:thumbsup:

God bless you, nana, and things are going better, your prayers must surely be helping.

Actually, I regularly confess now for many years. used to be weekly, and now usually at least every other week. I have to get to confession for this episode yet.

And, yeah, I don’t wanna beat myself up, but man I was vicious. Perhaps, again, not fully culpable, but I just want to grow in holiness to reduce these occasions to a minimum.

I appreciate all your love and prayers, nana, and i will hang in there, don’t worry!

Love, with big hugs,
scott
:hug3: :hug3: :hug3:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
:signofcross:

thanks, to all, I am doing better.

LOve,scott

Still praying for you. I have been sick, but I have been praying for you and offering up my illness. Have to go, still not feeling my best, but am very happy to hear you are doing better.:slight_smile:

thank you so much, Nana, you are helping for sure.

Love with big hugs,
scott
:slight_smile:

May the God of infinite goodness scatter the darkness of sin
and brighten our hearts with holiness.
Amen [Roman Missal]

Glad to hear you are doing better, Scott.
Lifting you up in prayer.

Praying that you continue to feel better

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.