Suggest audio book(s) for me!

I drive about 45 minutes each day to work, and sometimes with traffic it takes me an hour to get home. I recently picked up an audio version of the book Crazy, Love by Francis Chan. While it is not Catholic, I did enjoy listening to it during my drives and I would love to make this a habit. What a great way to spend almost 2 hours of my day!!

So---what are your favorite audio books/programs? I prefer Catholic programs/books, however I am open to any that are just classified as "Christian" too. Suggestions anyone??

This is going to sound odd, but I started listening to the New Testament Audo book. I commute about 1-1.5 hours a day and listening to the Bible is really interesting. I found it a lot more engaging listening to it for a longer period of time than just the snippets read during Mass. I bought the Truth & Life Dramatized Audio Bible which is really high quality, voiced by well-known actors, and has a forward by Pope Benedict XVI.

If you're not into theology, I suggest you check out librivox.org which has books in the public domain. The qualify varies since the books are read by volunteers. I listened to all of Les Miserables over the course of a year's commute.

If you're interested in an audio Bible as PrayHarder suggested there's a great app for the android (and I would assume other similar devices) called Bible.is

It was free and is a well organized readable copy as well as having audio versions. The voice acting is kinda bleh in some places but it's nice :thumbsup:

There is a series that I keep meaning to post for the other person who asked (last week or two weeks ago) and now I could recommend it for you. I just have to remember to look for it when I get home!!

Until then...

When I'm driving I grab a couple things:

I finally was home & thinking about it so I looked it up. I'd recommend [FONT=Arial][size=2]The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander. It's not Christian per se - but great fantasy.
[/size][/FONT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.