Suggestions for books on St. Catherine of Siena and St. Jane de Chantal?

Like the title says, I’m looking for suggestions for books on St. Catherine of Siena and St. Jane de Chantal. Please share if you have any – thanks! :slight_smile:

(I’m also going to post this in Family Life and Spirituality. Mods, please move/delete or whatever if that’s not acceptable.)

[quote="Belle10, post:1, topic:276137"]
Like the title says, I'm looking for suggestions for books on St. Catherine of Siena and St. Jane de Chantal. Please share if you have any -- thanks! :)

(I'm also going to post this in Family Life and Spirituality. Mods, please move/delete or whatever if that's not acceptable.)

[/quote]

With regard to a book about St. Catherine of Siena, the one titled "Catherine of Siena" by Sigrid Undset (the Nobel prize winning author of Kristin Lavransdatter) is excellent! The one by Louis de Wohl doesn't come close to it.

And, if you read that one and want more, then there is the one written by her spiritual director, Blessed Raymond of Capua. I would advise reading the biography first.

Thanks Dorothy. :)

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

For St Jane de Chantal, read Elisabeth Stopp’s Madame de Chantal: Portrait of a Saint.

In general, info about her is usually tied in with St Francis de Sales and the Salesians, such as Wendy Wright’s Heart Speaks To Heart and Bond of Perfection

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.