Suggestions for missing mass

I was out in the car Sunday and I don't have one but I was out and could go to mass and didn't. Mortal sin. We have confession on saturdays but there is adoration through the week. Would it be bad to disturb my priest during adoration for a short confession or wait until saturday? Opinions?

Bill

[quote="billcu1, post:1, topic:300404"]
I was out in the car Sunday and I don't have one but I was out and could go to mass and didn't. Mortal sin. We have confession on saturdays but there is adoration through the week. Would it be bad to disturb my priest during adoration for a short confession or wait until saturday? Opinions?

Bill

[/quote]

So you could have gone to Mass, and you chose not to...will you lightly choose not to attend again? If so, why worry about confession or adoration or Mass? Not being mean or insensitive, but what's the point?

If it was something you are struggling with and are honestly trying to stop commiting, then yes by all means, contact your priest, he wil be glad to make an appointment for your confession. If you choose to ask him during his holy hour in adoration, don't be shocked if he tells you to wait. He may not, but I know some who would because of their feeling of the importance of that prayer time before the Eucharist. Good luck!:thumbsup:

Wait for the right time for confession, its a holy time for him as well. They need their quiet time.

If you would like a to confess before Saturday or Sunday, I would call your priest to schedule rather than spring it on him during adoration. My best guy friend happens to be a priest, and I know that his time at adoration is SO precious to him... he is always needed by everyone, and time in adoration is where his needs are met. He would gladly hear a confession if asked to do so, but I know that he needs his alone time in adoration. Just a thought.

Bill

[/quote]

adoration every day? cool :cool: By all means, interrupt his Holy hour. What's more important, Father's convenience or your soul?

You might also try scheduling an appointment.

[quote="Lapey, post:2, topic:300404"]
So you could have gone to Mass, and you chose not to...will you lightly choose not to attend again? If so, why worry about confession or adoration or Mass? Not being mean or insensitive, but what's the point?

If it was something you are struggling with and are honestly trying to stop commiting, then yes by all means, contact your priest, he wil be glad to make an appointment for your confession. If you choose to ask him during his holy hour in adoration, don't be shocked if he tells you to wait. He may not, but I know some who would because of their feeling of the importance of that prayer time before the Eucharist. Good luck!:thumbsup:

[/quote]

That's the thing. I'm going through this thing where I'm pulled. I usually only miss if I can't get the car. I was going to mass and saying the miraculous medal to the point I felt I could withstand any lust. Now its fallen apart. I don't feel like going to mass. Now I'm not afraid of confession but am I truely contrite? I don't know:confused: and that is needed. I'm struggling to stop other things and to get on track.

Bill: I would call his office and ask to set up a time with him for confession as soon as possible. We all have struggles, God bless you for making it a priority to get this right with God. :)

Bill

[/quote]

If you are in an urban area, look for a Polish, Mexican, or Opus Dei parish because they often have weekday confessions (Unfortunately, I know!;))

Bill

[/quote]

Mass is a proper noun - start by showing proper respect!!

I would not ask the priest for a confession during Adoration, but perhaps you can catch him immediately after and ask him if he has time. If you have a whole lot of sins to confess besides this, I would wait for an appointment though.

[quote="Allegra, post:10, topic:300404"]
I would not ask the priest for a confession during Adoration, but perhaps you can catch him immediately after and ask him if he has time. If you have a whole lot of sins to confess besides this, I would wait for an appointment though.

[/quote]

I've known many priests to hold confession during Adoration. There is something especially healing about praying before the Host immediately after receiving absolution.

[quote="Luvtosew, post:3, topic:300404"]
Wait for the right time for confession, its a holy time for him as well. They need their quiet time.

[/quote]

Saturday is a long way away. He could unexpectedly die by then.

That' being said, unless there is a firm resolution not to sin again, there is little point in going to confession, and doing such makes a mockery out of the sacrament.

Make an appointment for confession. Ask your priest for advice on how to better commit to being at Sunday Mass. The best advice I can give is to plan your day around Mass rather than the other way around. Can you make a promise with a friend to attend together each week?

[edited]

To the OP: I would try to see if I could catch the priest immediately before or after Adoration. And if you're worried about not being contrite enough, don't worry. We don't need perfect contrition for Confession. It is enough that you're sorry and don't want to sin again. Lord knows we all sin, myself especially.

[quote="Lapey, post:2, topic:300404"]

Well that was kind of mean and insensitive. Read between the lines.

[/quote]

To the OP, it happens to all of us. I spent 10 years without going to Mass and since returning, i've only missed a couple of times.

[quote="Ohana, post:15, topic:300404"]

No it's not, charity is not comforting someone in their sin, and true charity is telling them they are in sin! If the sin comes easy and you have no intent to stop, then why the concern? Which if a normal person reads between the lines; they would see that this simply means the person is not ready for contrition. Now, how well do you know me that you have the ability to know my inner thoughts? Am i talking code language and using a dog whistle??? Never mind, that was a different thread.:D

You won't have to read between the lines on my posts, ever. I will tell you exactly what I am trying to say.
[/quote]

[quote="garn9173, post:16, topic:300404"]
To the OP, it happens to all of us. I spent 10 years without going to Mass and since returning, i've only missed a couple of times.

[/quote]

Finally someone with some common sense. Mass is a proper now show respect, what to a word?

Call and make an appoint. Hey hundreds of RC miss mass on Sunday, deal with it, and go Saturday, Priests are busy, say an act of contrition.

You have brought this on yourself, your guilt for missing mass, so don't expect other people to change their schedule for you.

Find a church who give weekday confessions.

There is not a word in the Scriptures that says miss mass on Sunday and don't do an auricle confession you go to hell. Honor the Sabbath it says. That is a rule of the RCC.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.