Suggestions needed for witnessing to an Islam friend.

I have a co-worker that is Muslim. We have spoken briefly on a couple occasions about our faith and recently he asked to come to a mass some time with me.

He seems to be strong in his faith but he is very curious and the fact that he would like to attend a Christian service is very interesting.

I would rather let his curiousity lead him than be pushy and turn him off but I was thinking about something I could give him or say before he comes to mass with me that would make his experience a little more clear and also something quick for me to read or listen to that would help me to understand where he is coming from better and better witness to him.

I thought about having him read Mass Appeal before going to mass with me as it explains all the different things that go on in the mass, but I’m not sure if the Christian vocabulary would confuse him, etc.

Any suggestions?

I also thought maby something more “Catholic evangelical” in nature like maby a CD from the Mary Foundation like Father Larry Richards CD on the Mass. It’s pretty exciting and brings the gospel message to life.

Anyway I could use some help as I hope that my friend can come to know Jesus in the One Holy Catholic Church.

Mass Appeal is definitely a good idea - and Father Richards’ CD is excellent, too.

There’s a very good book by Daniel Ali and Robert Spencer called Inside Islam: A Guide for Catholics that will help you gain a better understanding of Islam and how to witness the love and mercy of Jesus Christ to Muslims.

I will pray for you and your friend.
Elizabeth

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.