Suggestions on what motto to give our choir

Hello all, am writting to ask for any suggestion of a motto for our choir.
The choir name is 'The Mighty choir' of St Camillus; as proposed by the majority. However most of the suggested mottos sounded like slogans instead.
What would you suggest for a motto?

What is the difference between a motto and a slogan? I tend to them of them as being one and the same…

One good motto I've seen used is, "You fight like you train," meaning, the fervor and effort you put into your training, (practice) translates into how well you sing in performance.

[quote="suezette, post:1, topic:343893"]
Hello all, am writting to ask for any suggestion of a motto for our choir.
The choir name is 'The Mighty choir' of St Camillus; as proposed by the majority. However most of the suggested mottos sounded like slogans instead.

[/quote]

"Mighty" sounds a bit pompous.

Psalm 100:1 says, "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands." (KJV). Why not use "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD!" Of course, there's also, "Sing like no one is listening!". Personally, I like the first choice.

“Sing unto the Lord” :heart:

"He who sings, prays twice." (St. Augustine)

[quote="suezette, post:1, topic:343893"]
Hello all, am writting to ask for a suggestion of a motto for our choir.

[/quote]

How about "Raise your Voices, Lift your Hearts"

Or "Sing A New Song Unto the Lord"

Or "Let your Song be Sung"

"Psallite sapienter" (Sing wisely/intelligently/with understanding) was the classic choir quote, from Ps. 46/47:

God is ascended with jubilee, and the Lord with the sound of trumpet.
Sing praises to our God, sing ye: sing praises to our king, sing ye.
For God is the king of all the earth: sing ye wisely.

"A Joyful Noise," but maybe that's sending a mixed message. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.