Suicidal Friends!

Please help me pray for two friends who are very depressed. I know that one of them is suicidal, and I’m pretty sure the other one is. They are both Catholic, too. :frowning:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

pray for us o holy mother of God that we may be worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

I am praying for your friends that they find their hope in our Lord. I’m so sorry for the pain they are in.

Dear Lord,
Hear the prayers of all who struggle with the thought of ending their own life. Hear our prayers for the friends of AquinaSavio, strengthen their own awareness of the value of life and allow them to apply it to their lives. May their friend, AquinoSavio, be always comforted by knowing Your presence. Amen.
:hug1:

My prayers for them - and for you Trev :crossrc: :grouphug:

I strongly reccomend you either obtain Saint Anthonys Brief, or print it out and give it to those in a sucidial frame of mind.

A prayer mysteriously given to a woman by the Saint who was on her way to commit sucide.

Here

**The custom of carrying and praying the words comes from the story of a woman in Portugal tempted by the devil and obsessed with thoughts of suicide. As the story is related, she was on her way to drown herself but stopped off at a Franciscan chapel to pray before a statue of St. Anthony. During her prayer she fell asleep and saw St. Anthony, who released her from her disturbed state of mind.

When she woke up she found a letter (brief) given to her by St. Anthony with the words quoted above of what we call St. Anthony’s brief. It has been written that the original letter was preserved with the crown jewels of Portugal. The practice may also be rooted in a story about Anthony’s own struggle with the devil, who was trying to choke him. Anthony, says the early account by a contemporary friar, put the devil to flight by invoking Mary’s help and making the Sign of the Cross.**

Explore Stephen Maguire

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I’ll pray for them.

Praying for your friends.

:highprayer:

Keeping your two friends in daily prayer…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_2.gifJMJ

I am praying for your two friends,

Sincerely,

Maria1212

Your friends are in my prayers…

try contacting your community resource center .they may be able to help. my prayers are with you.

:signofcross:

Prayers for them :signofcross:

I’ll pray for them. :gopray2:

:byzsoc:Heavenly Father, we come before you at this time, bearing the intentions of your servant AquinaSavio. He is stressed for the sake of his friends, who are suffering from such emotional anguish.
May the Precious Blood of Your Son, our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ, strengthen & sustain these people.
Help Trevor, as he prays, Lord. We know his love & faith is so strong, but at this time, he must feel an especially heavy burden in this prayer intention. Give him strength. Increase the measure by which he is aware of Your loving Presence.
We ask all this things, in the strong Name of Jesus, the Name above all names. Amen.:byzsoc:

Hail Mary…

Am praying for your friends. I had a nephew who commited suicide, it was devastating for all who loved him. Things can always get better, tomorrow can be a better day. God help them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.