Suicidal

A good friend of mine is unfortunately suicidal and attempted recently… I can’t really bear to lose her… please pray for her since I know she is really lonely and not really religious.
Thanks for any and all prayers.

I will certainly keep you both in my prayers.
Kathy

Am praying for her, does she have someone to talk to? I lost a friend and a relative to suicide. I don’t know your age range but if in school is there a counselor there she can go to or do you think she’d be receptive to speaking to your Priest? If she’s older, still suggest your Priest perhaps?

Will Pray For Your Friend.dear God Please Send Your Guardian Angels To Watch Over This Young Girl.let Her Seek Help And Counseling.
I Will Continue To Pray For Her.
Grandma Glor

Lord, protect your daughter from the evil that is trying to separate her from you. Help her to find you and to remember that she is a unique and very-loved child of yours. Amen.

LORD Jesus
guide UR Daughter.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

I grew up with a friend who was suicidal as well. She has recently found out that she had boarderline personality disorder and is currently on medication, but it took a long time to figure out what the problem was. She needed good friends and a qualified doctor to get through it.

I will pray for your friend to get the help that she needs. It’s important that someone be there for her too, so I’ll pray for that as well.

Your friend has been remembered in a decade of rosary prayers.

Colossians DRB
9 Therefore we also, from the day that we heard it, cease not to pray for you, and to beg that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will, in all wisdom, and spiritual understanding: 10 That you may walk worthy of God, in all things pleasing; being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God:

11 Strengthened with all might, according to the power of his glory, in all patience and longsuffering with joy, 12 Giving thanks to God the Father, who hath made us worthy to be partakers of the lot of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love, 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the remission of sins;

Keep praying this for her and for everyone that reads this too.

+JMJTJ+

Your friend will be in my prayers for her strength and healing.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

First off, thank you guys SO much for your prayers. It really means a lot to me that there are people out there in the world, that don’t even really know one another, yet they’re willing to lend some time for prayers for those in dire need! :slight_smile: Beautiful stuff I gotta say. :]

To be honest, I’m not sure if she has someone really close to talk to about this…
As for my priest, unfortunately, she lives quite, quite far away… so that’s sadly not an option.
However, I still very much have hope for her, and am committed to praying, especially to our dear Mother, for her dear soul till the day I die.
Thanks again everyone for your prayers. :slight_smile:

I am praying for your friend.

first thank you for being you and standing in the gap for your friend. When one feels suicidal a friend that is willing to listen is a life saver! Just know this is going to be a process that your friend will have to go through to become well. Encourage her to talk to a professional. I came from a dark place myself and it was the love of my best friend, my wife, to get me through the healing process. Yet again, you are special for what you are doing for her. Don’t worry if you don’t have answers for her or you don’t know what to say. Just love her and listen.

Prayers promised

praying…

kate

Praying for your friend…

Suko, I have been through my times of deep depression and even suicide. I cannot agree more with one of your replies from a person on here saying that never feel like you don’t know what to say or how to help your friend. My friends who always just stuck by me and would come over and listen to me talk, or just watch t.v, were the ones that I felt really cared about me. Have you suggested to your friend to talk to a counselor? At first, I had a hard time talking to one, but then was eventually put on meds b/c of the level I was at. The meds actually helped me open up and talk to someone. It might be a good idea since you said your friend isn’t really religious. Also, helping them to the leg work of finding a counselor in the area would be very helpful too. When you’re at that point, you don’t have the energy for mood to do anything for yourself. It sounds like you are being a very true and caring friend. Hang in there.

God, please help your child get through this time of struggle and help them realize how precious life here on earth really is. Please help them find peace in their life and the reason to want to live each day. Also, please help this wonderful friend get through this time as well. It’s hard watching a friend struggle, please guide them in how to help their friend and give them the strength to never give up on their friend.

You both are in my prayers,
Jenn

Praying for your friend

Fuzzled

I am praying for her.
May she discover the purpose of her life and the joy of God’s love.

Alma

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.