Suicides at IPad Factory

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/tenth-worker-at-ipad-factory-commits-suicide-1982897.html

I would LOVE to get the new Apple IPad - but find it very hard to justify in light of the news of these suicides - really gave me pause.

I went back and watched the video on storyofstuff.com/ --- and find that I am thinking more and more about needs vs wants - it has always been something I try to consider, but started to think more about it....

wow :(

This is something I really don't consider enough... that much of what we buy is actually made in conditions like this.

Apple, HP, and Dell all claim to be investigating.

businessweek.com/news/2010-05-26/apple-hp-dell-begin-probing-supplier-after-suicides-update2-.html

I hope there will be changes, because I'm a big Apple fan--and that's a situation which can't be allowed to continue.

[quote="Monica4316, post:2, topic:201395"]
wow :(

This is something I really don't consider enough... that much of what we buy is actually made in conditions like this.

[/quote]

I know.... the idea that someone suffers to give me an unnecessary tech goodie - or anything like that really is bothering me, can't seem to walk away from this now... :(

[quote="Writer, post:3, topic:201395"]
Apple, HP, and Dell all claim to be investigating.

businessweek.com/news/2010-05-26/apple-hp-dell-begin-probing-supplier-after-suicides-update2-.html

I hope there will be changes, because I'm a big Apple fan--and that's a situation which can't be allowed to continue.

[/quote]

Me too.. I really enjoy the Apple products.... but :confused: at what price???

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.