Sumerians Look On In Confusion As God Creates World

Interesting results from some new excavations:Members of the earth's earliest known civilization, the Sumerians, looked on in shock and confusion some 6,000 years ago as God, the Lord Almighty, created Heaven and Earth.

According to recently excavated clay tablets inscribed with cuneiform script, thousands of Sumerians—the first humans to establish systems of writing, agriculture, and government—were working on their sophisticated irrigation systems when the Father of All Creation reached down from the ether and blew the divine spirit of life into their thriving civilization.

Source: The Onion :)

rossum

Paradoxically, *The Onion *often makes religious satire that isn’t particularly irreverent as this one (albeit humorous as I don’t take it seriously).

My most favorite one came out after 9/11. In the article, God calls a press conference: “God Angrily Clarifies ‘Thou Shalt Not Kill’ Rule”.

I’m sure it’s searchable on Google but as it is NSFW with inappropriate language, I won’t post the link here. What was well-written was the last line of the article, after the Lord had a tirade about all the murders done in his name: “God wept.”

Please quote the paragraph in the bible that says the earth is only 6,000 years old.

My favorite one was “God 15 minutes late for wedding due to bad directions.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.