Summae Confessorum

Hello,
I heard about the Summae Confessorum from the middle ages where penances were given for different intercourse positions... does anybody know if these represent Church Teaching?
I would appreciate any help regarding them.
God bless,
D.

ts.mu.edu/readers/content/pdf/54/54.3/54.3.1.pdf

I was more thinking about contents of them, and not so much vague articles about them.
This guy James A. Brundage wrote an article called:
"Let me count the ways: canonists and theologians contemplate coital positions" that was released in the Journal of Medieval History, but it costs 28 dollars to buy the article and 194 dollars to buy the whole Journal where it was published. Does anybody have access to this kind of things?
I just wanted to know his citations/references for some of the penances.

God bless,
D.

do you believe if these were Church teaching ,that it would cost 28 bucks to find out?

[quote="april32010, post:4, topic:337614"]
do you believe if these were Church teaching ,that it would cost 28 bucks to find out?

[/quote]

I never said that... I am trying to get to the bottom of this missinformation...

[quote="dskysmine, post:5, topic:337614"]
I never said that... I am trying to get to the bottom of this missinformation...

[/quote]

But the point april was making is that Church teaching is provided for free on the Internet, the church doesn't hide things from people. If that journal were in fact true, then you would be able to find the information elsewhere. The fact that the journal is the only place that cites these things and costs 28 dollars to get the references, well, there is something fishy there.

[quote="CompSciGuy, post:6, topic:337614"]
But the point april was making is that Church teaching is provided for free on the Internet, the church doesn't hide things from people. If that journal were in fact true, then you would be able to find the information elsewhere. The fact that the journal is the only place that cites these things and costs 28 dollars to get the references, well, there is something fishy there.

[/quote]

Oh please, now you are exaggerating.
It's not like I can find papal bulls from the 13th Century lying around...
The Church has thousands if not millions of documents. Can you find all of them easily?
I'm just trying to investigate something about Church History, or is curiosity unchristian?

God bless,
D.

papalencyclicals.net/index.htm

[quote="april32010, post:8, topic:337614"]

[/quote]

Awesome site!
I already have my reading material for this year :) Thanks.

[quote="april32010, post:8, topic:337614"]

[/quote]

Awesome site!
I already have my reading material for this year Thanks.

I rest my case.

[quote="dskysmine, post:9, topic:337614"]
Awesome site!
I already have my reading material for this year :) Thanks.

[/quote]

:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.