Sun burning out?

When the sun burns out, say 5 billion years from now, and say Christ has not made his second coming, does this prove that the Second Coming was not true? How is one to interpret this. It just seems quite odd in my mind.

DU

Well, give me 5 billion years to think about that one. So far it’s only been 2000 years. Maybe we won’t have to wait that long. In any case, the sun will eventually turn into a red giant star before it finally burns out. At that time, the earth will find itself within the corona of the sun, and unfit for habitation.

[quote=snowman10]When the sun burns out, say 5 billion years from now, and say Christ has not made his second coming, does this prove that the Second Coming was not true?
[/quote]

No, it doesn’t. Christ can choose to return whenever he wants. And if that means in 20 billion years, after the entire galaxy has been explored and colonized…then who cares? Everyone will still be able to see it happen, no matter where they are. But I would tend to agree with you that it is most likely going to occur long before that. But it doesn’t matter. However it happens, no matter when that is, it will still happen just the same. Let God figure the rest of the details out. (Although, technically speaking, He already has…) :stuck_out_tongue:

We have no way of knowing because God’s plan for this has not been revelaed to us other than Jesus saying several times we won’t know when it’s going to happen, we will be surprised when it does happen, so be ready. Anything more is uninformed conjecture :slight_smile:

we can know when it’s near or getting closer by the signs. signs like labor pains that get more frequent and intense as the birth nears.

have you heard about the the brighter sun?
grist.org/news/daily/2005/05/06/3/

Snowman… my friend… does this really bother you?
In 5 million years do you not plan to already be with God?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.