Sunday - is this considered work?

There is a focus group/jury participant that is a one day paid thing, and there is one that is scheduled for a Sunday, and I would like to go to make some extra cash. Would this be considered work, or a sin if I did go?

[quote="HNA444, post:1, topic:327507"]
There is a focus group/jury participant that is a one day paid thing, and there is one that is scheduled for a Sunday, and I would like to go to make some extra cash. Would this be considered work, or a sin if I did go?

[/quote]

Talk to your confessor. He will be able to answer the question better according to your living situation. I have had issues with working an hourly job on Sundays and a priest helped me understand the Church's teaching on this better.

I would agree with StJudeprayforme too. Talk to your priest, give him the context and background on why you were needing extra cash. If it involves doing it for family or needing to support your family, I could see it as necessary to do and if it is only available on Sundays. But then again, I don’t know the entire context around the situation and it would be best to call your Parrish priest and discuss it with him. That is what I would do.

As I understand it, the Church does not have a problem with working on Sunday per se, so long as it doesn't stop you getting to Mass. There is no Sabbath prohibition as such in Catholicism.

[quote="StJudeprayforme, post:2, topic:327507"]
Talk to your confessor. He will be able to answer the question better according to your living situation. I have had issues with working an hourly job on Sundays and a priest helped me understand the Church's teaching on this better.

[/quote]

What did your priest tell you about it? I've always felt like I didn't fully understand this commandment.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.