Sunday Mass Readings changed?

Some ladies of my parish are planning a women's Cornerstone retreat for October, 2012, and we chose a date based on the Sunday Mass readings, but now it seems the Sunday Mass readings have changed?

Back in November/December of 2011 we looked up on the Internet (can't recall the website) the Sunday Mass readings for October 14 and October 21, 2012, and based on the Sunday Gospels, we chose October 19-20 for our retreat, with a closing Mass Saturday night using the Sunday Mass gospel "I am the vine, you are the branches" John 15. We have been incorporating that theme into our retreat talks, decorations, liturgy planning, etc. More recently, however, we happened to look in our Breaking Bread 2012 missal and noticed the Mass readings are different! AAGH! What's going on? Why did the Sunday Mass readings assigned for October 21, 2012, change?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

The lectionary has not been revised since 2002.

I don't know the answer to your question.

Here is a link to the U.S. Bishop's which give a calander of readings.

Our lectionary is a 3 year cycle.
Are you sure you were looking at the correct year?
We are in year "B" this year

Also, the calendar for the Chruch is different than the regular calendar-
October 14th would be the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time
October 21st, the 29th Sunday in OT.

[quote="ChristineML, post:1, topic:288554"]
Some ladies of my parish are planning a women's Cornerstone retreat for October, 2012, and we chose a date based on the Sunday Mass readings, but now it seems the Sunday Mass readings have changed?

Back in November/December of 2011 we looked up on the Internet (can't recall the website) the Sunday Mass readings for October 14 and October 21, 2012, and based on the Sunday Gospels, we chose October 19-20 for our retreat, with a closing Mass Saturday night using the Sunday Mass gospel "I am the vine, you are the branches" John 15. We have been incorporating that theme into our retreat talks, decorations, liturgy planning, etc. More recently, however, we happened to look in our Breaking Bread 2012 missal and noticed the Mass readings are different! AAGH! What's going on? Why did the Sunday Mass readings assigned for October 21, 2012, change?

[/quote]

[/quote]

John 15:1-8 was read on May 6 (5th Sunday of Easter, Year B); to my knowledge, this is the only time during the cycle that this is read on a Sunday.

In general, the gospels are arranged according to the cycle of readings:

Year A: Gospel of Matthew
Year B: Gospel of Mark
Year C: Gospel of Luke

The Gospel of John is read throughout Easter season, on Christmas, and occasionally during Advent and Lent (it does appear on a couple of Sundays during Ordinary Time, but these are few and far between).

Here is a great website that has many US Lectionary resources.

[/quote]

My guess would be that you erroneously looked at the readings for Monday, October 15, the memorial of St. Teresa of Ávila, when John 15:1-8 is indeed read. In any event, as the answers above have said, nothing about the lectionary has been changed in years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.