Sunday Mass

Recently I have been asked by a school to go on a residential for a weekend. This would involve not going to mass which would have been fine for years ago but now it is something I would hae to do. Should I go against what everyone says and stay at home so I can go to mass or is there an alternative?

Talk to your pastor. If your reason seems sufficient to him, he can dispense you from the obligation to attend Mass.

Don’t immediately loose hope that you won’t be able to attend Mass… Find out where you’re going to be, where the nearest Catholic church is - you may well find that you’ve got time to make it to their Saturday evening vigil Mass without jeopardising your attendance requirements at your weekend thing…

They usually got Saturday Mass, some churches have late Sunday mass. Do all you can to go to mass, for God asks of us only one hour.

Priez pour pape Francois

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.