Supermodel Inspires Celibacy

Thank You for someone speaking out…And for once i am ahead of the fashion “trend”…

Pop Tarts: Victoria’s Virgin: Supermodel Inspires Celibacy
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297805,00.html
LOS ANGELES — Six of the world’s sexiest supermodels — Adriana Lima, Karolina Kurkova, Selita Ebanks, Izabel Goulart, Alessandra Ambrosio and the “New Gisele” Australian Miranda Kerr — have found some new “wings."

World-famous lingerie label Victoria’s Secret and airline Virgin America officially announced their alliance this week, with the new “Airline of the Angels” set to transport 27 of the leggy ladies from New York to Los Angeles for their annual stage show on Nov. 15.

Pop Tarts has also learned that the boarding passes will be better than heaven as the girls (and a lucky few) will be partying in their “Pink” pajamas during the cross-country flight.
And while the sex lives of five of the six supermodels remains “Secret," self-confessed virgin Adriana Lima seems to be among the celebs inspiring an emerging movement toward celibacy.

“Thanks to Adriana, all my friends and I are advocating chastity,” 20-year-old UCLA student Kate Jones told FOXNews.com. “We believe a lot of young girls have forgotten how to respect themselves, and it’s about time we went back to some old-fashioned values."

The abstaining young women spend time blogging and voicing their views on various Internet sites, using the Victoria’s Secret and Maybelline model as their inspiration.

“There is definitely is an upcoming trend to wait until marriage even if it doesn’t have a religious motivation,” added a Hollywood-based psychologist. “It’s a positive way for young women to hold onto some power and independence."

Last year, Lima confessed to men’s mag GQ that she planned to stay away from bedroom buddies until her wedding night, despite the fact that millions of men have already seen her in next to nothing.

"They have to respect that this is my choice. If there’s no respect, that means they don’t want me,” said the 26-year-old Brazilian babe.

Hmm a good thing I guess, but I just typed her name into google and some rather lusty pictures turned up :rolleyes: Celibate she may be, she isn’t really helping the lust issues, but it’s a good thing anyways that she is a role model for girls, a step forward in the right direction.

Hahaha, DH has the GQ featuring Adriana Lima on the cover in a bikini bottom and biker jacket - this is the interview where she claimed virginity, the text says one thing, the photographs give the impression of a gangbang :rolleyes:

It would be nice if true, but she’s said since that she was misunderstood, and is not a virgin. But she does think it’s good to be a virgin if you are one. She’s dated Derek Jeter, Lenny Kravitz, and a European prince. I think she’s with some Brazilian musician now.

I used to be very into modeling/fashion, and thought Adriana was cute and sweet when she started. She’s become a typical lingerie tart though. I think there are much better role models for young girls who look up to models and want to live good, clean lives though - Morgane Dubled, Anja Rubik, and Anne Marie van Dijk are my faves - well spoken, educated, clean lifestyles, take part in important causes, etc.

VS has gotten way too trashy, I don’t even like to browse it anymore.

Honestly, what good is abstinence when you’re flashing your half-naked body around to the public?

It’s the same thing.

Chastity, respecting your body, isn’t just about intercourse. Somehow these girls didn’t get the WHOLE message.

I agree with you. The celibate issue here is not about chastity , considering that chastity is a supernatural virtue.

Got curious and looked at the pictures of Adrianna Lima. Wowee, to say the least. I am not trying to be cynical, but it sounds like the whole celibate claim is a gimmick “You Can Look But you Can’t Have”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.